I just read an article on CBS news which is disgustingly full of deception and lies. 

It is entitled:  "Stephen Hawking bashes religion, but what does new paper say about God?"  Steven Hawking announced that there is no way there could be a creator of the universe.  The article can be found here: 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20089423-10391704.html

Also CBS had another deceptive news cast that made a little black boy appear to want to have a gun and be a criminal when he actually said he wanted to be a police officer but they cut that part out. Of course there is the Rupert Murdoch media empire, all of which I no longer view or take seriously.  The Washington Post is reaching the same lows of Fox News. 

What sources can we trust?  I have a few websites I go to for secular and unbiased news.  Does anyone else feel as if we are being filled with lies more and more and deceptive news? 

Tags: CBS, Fox, Media, Murdoch, News, Rupert, bias

Views: 959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok then, from Reporters without borders:

The 20th freest, as measured by reporters themselves. Presuming a reality in the middle, then 17th in the world.

But everybody knows Freedom House and Reporters Without Borders are antisemitic antiamericanic jihadist organizations, bunch of treehugging islamophilic wankers.

Don't speak for me when I hinted no such thing.

I feel you man. I'll take the flack for you as an inhabitant of a much freer country.

(I mean I can burn an American flag too if I want.)

I don't think that's legal in Holland if I am not mistaking.

Oh blimey, I'm a criminal then?

Oh no wait I remember it was a CCCP flag. I used it as a blanket to lie on for some welding underneath my old car.

government*

What is the exact criteria they use to measure "free press"?

Their methodology is probably on their webpage.

justfuckinggoogleit.com ;-)

lol :)

It's an important question. If a reporter with Fox News finds out that Glenn Beck is a convicted paedophile and the reporter's boss says, "drop it", is this censorship or "free" press. Does it have to be the government that censors the news or does it count if the news is censored by people like Murdock with specific political barrows to push and the means to enact his policies by moulding public perceptions? Murdock would say he is perfectly "free" to publish whatever news he sees fit.

For the sake of humanity - I have no clue why some atheists are so pro-Palestinian. Just be pro-humanity. The reason there hasn't been peace in the region is because of failed leaders on the Palestinian side. Yaser Arafat failed the Palestinians and the Palestinians elected a terrorist organization as a government. :yawn:

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 3 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com