I just read an article on CBS news which is disgustingly full of deception and lies. 

It is entitled:  "Stephen Hawking bashes religion, but what does new paper say about God?"  Steven Hawking announced that there is no way there could be a creator of the universe.  The article can be found here: 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20089423-10391704.html

Also CBS had another deceptive news cast that made a little black boy appear to want to have a gun and be a criminal when he actually said he wanted to be a police officer but they cut that part out. Of course there is the Rupert Murdoch media empire, all of which I no longer view or take seriously.  The Washington Post is reaching the same lows of Fox News. 

What sources can we trust?  I have a few websites I go to for secular and unbiased news.  Does anyone else feel as if we are being filled with lies more and more and deceptive news? 

Views: 1152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

What did he selectively censure in the American version?

No.  You have the best that money can buy :-)

From Freedom House:

The most 14th freest (sp?) press in the world as measured by a US organization with a bit uncomfortably close ties to the US government.

I don't buy that - European media is not even free to openly criticize Islam due to fears of backlash by the govenrment.

Some European countries might be restricted but I'm telling you there is not that kind of restrictions in Denmark and we take a lot of heat for that - remember the cartoons? ;)  We believe very strongly in freedom of speech/press.

Yes I know - but in Europe you are not allowed to burn a quran or attack people's faiths. America has a lot more freedom than Europe - we can even burn a U.S. flag. But you are right...it depends how you "word" it - Geert Wilders was found "not guilty" because he attacked Islam and not individual Muslims - but I understand why there is this sensitivity - because of WWI and WWII and fascism. In fact - you can't deny the holocaust or openly support KKK type organizations when in the United States organizations such as the KKK are allowed to march and protest as long as they are non-violent and obtain a permit beforehand - they can yell all the expletive and *n words they like.

When it comes down to it - Europe will protect freedom of speech - but what I was trying to hint is that before going too far the government will pressure media organizations, am I correct? If they happen to go "too far" such as Salman Rushdie and the cartoons - then they will protect freedom of speech to the last fighting breath.

Does that assessment sound more fair?

Well.. it should be noted we tend to kick every way and insult everyone at every turn. The most watched satire show in Norway for a while, quite often ending in police reports, was The Monday Club (later the Thursday Club). I tried to find the show where the main satirist burned the American flag (and got charged and acquitted of flag burning), but apparently YouTube hasn't allowed it..

Instead, I'll paste a little transcript of when he was attacking Jews.

---------

Otto Jespersen has a tradition of making monologues in the end of comedy show "Torsdagsklubben" (the Thursday club). In those monologues, he takes up events or persons which have been featured in the media. The monologues are usually, if not always, very sarcastic and insulting to their subjects.

Earlier, Jespersen insulted everybody from the handicapped people, alleged victims of racism and the Norwegian Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik after the latter had a nervous breakdown.

The week before this particular monologue, Jespersen made a monolgue defending animal rights, where he said that he wished he could mourn the billions of lice who got slaughtered in the German extermination camps only because they happened to be sitting on persons of Jewish origin.

Kurt Valner, a Norwegian who lost his farther and eight other family members in German Consentration camps, reported Jespersen to police.
---------------
Subtitles written out (partial credit to marinata35)

As you all know, I have provoked some Jews last week.
I am less concerned about being reported to the police than that some of the insulted may have contacts in Israel.
I know how the Israelis react when they dislike someone in this country
In 1973 they sent agents from Israeli intelligence service Mossad to whack a guy here in Norway
They ended up killing an innocent, a waiter in Lillehammer
With this slipup in mind, I am worried that someone who looks like me
may get toasted for my statments
But let me be clear, I did not intend to hurt any of you Jews

But now, as a couple of you are trying to ruin my Christmas mood with Nazi labeling and police charges. I feel that I need to come clear with my relations towards you
Firstly, I am not an Anti-Semite. Neither am I a Semite. But perhaps something in between. Secondly, I see no reason to hate the Jews in particular. Basically I am equally annoyed by all peoples, regardless of race or religion. In all honesty, I hardly ever met a single Jew. But, I presume this will change soon due to the financial crisis, because I, as many others, will have to go to the pawnbroker
There has been talk about growing anti-semitism in Norway. Forces in Israel claim that we are one of the most Jew-hating nations in the World
But when it comes to you Norwegian Jews, I dont think you have any hope in the competition for appearing to be the most persecuted minority in this country. You will not even be among the first ten, at least not on my hate list.

You find yourself beaten to that by parking guards, real estate agents and the telemarketers And if you wish to get into this list, then you should start either cheating with cab accounting books or go berserk on Khat with a jungle knife or imort a analphabetic cousins from abroad to marry your daughters
[all of mentioned are prejustices towards other minorities in Norway]

I don't think most of the people in Norway have anything against Jews But what I know people in norway have something against is the apartheid state of Israel. You declared yourself a master race in the middle east, and you disregard all international conventions. You have built a wall around the entire West Bank. And even though you are happy to bang your had on the Western Wall so the skittle is pouring

Does not mean that the palestinians appreciate using the entire workday banging their heads on a concrete wall, when they were supposed to be working on their fields on the other side

Okey, I understand that as you Israelis are getting all glum when you are coming to claim the houses of the Palestinian sub-humans, and they are contemptuous enough to fight back. I understand how you can get phantom pains in your foreskins

But here I will suggest that you in Israel learn something from us Norwegians. We too have had problems with an unruly minority through all those years, the Samis. But, in the end we desided to but down the stick, and instead put them on TV. If you do the same with the Palestinians, then the nation of Israel may finally get one sympathetic feature, that is winning the Melody Grand Prix Junior

There may be some Neo-nazis and Muslem Extremists out there who are getting all aroused by this, thinking that now they have Otto Jespersen on their team. Bearing in mind that it takes 30-40 of you to achieve an IQ equaling that of one average Jew unfortunately I do not think we will be best pals in the near future.
Finally, I would like to wish the Jews Merry Christmas... Oh. what am I saying you are not celebrating christmas! You are the guys who put Jesus on the cross. Thanks for watching.

---------

If you wish, I can also post the one where he viciously attack muslims as inbred wifebeaters. Unlike burning the US flag or attacking Jews, I cannot recall that he was charged for this. The most famous quote from that tirade was "We Norwegians don't get turned on by burqas and female mustaches."

lol this is all and good but this is comedy lol and it was pretty funny

Example: Geert Wilders was dragged to court for criticizing Islam through the press. He was fortunately found "not guilty" - but on technicalities since he criticized Islam but not Muslims.

No not really, but who cares? The martyred defender of freedom of speech who dared to tell the truth version of the tale is much prettier.

But isn't it the fact that he had to go inside of a courtroom to defend himself for what he expressed in itself differentiate our free speech laws of that in parts of Europe?

RSS

© 2022   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service