We  have so many idle genes .

If , for example , scientist manage to make a chicken have teeth by activating those genes responsible for making teeth grow , does it also mean that they can also make humans have wings by activating some idle genes ? if our ancestors could fly , this then means that we still keep those flying genes , and if some brilliant scientist manage to spot those genes then Redbull will go bankrupt :D 

Donne please reply

Tags: ?, can, fly, we

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A boyfriend and girlfriend scientist with their team first make a new creature, boy and girl, out of spliced animal DNA for a big corporation and get semi famous. 

Company wants them to continue with this study, but the guys girlfriend wants to start splicing human and animal DNA.  So they secretly start this experiment with no ones knowledge and it gets outta hand.  Creepiness ensues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6o_Vl2f07Q
Thanks IrOnman for the link and summary , I appreciate it
Who says we have idle genes? We have junk DNA, but by definition that DNA doesn't code for any genes. 
yeah thanx , I am not a scientics  !!  But I think that the idea behind my point was delivered .

We do have expression of genes during ontogeny.  So the program of development depends on which genes get expressed by which other genes and so on. 

If you tinker with hox genes (management genes) you can get the famous legs growing where antennae are supposed to in flies, more or less fingers, etc.

I'm no expert in this field but I would guess you won't get a working wing in a human unless that program is still in the genes, and it's not, but you could get lots of other freaky shit like 6 arms, a cyclops eye, teeth growing in weird places, etc.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service