walk me through the answers of these questions plz:

1-how did the first male and female human beings appeared?

2-is there moses, jesus, mohammed _peace be upon him_??

3-why are we on earth ? what is the purpose of living??

Views: 1993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Heather, i think he studied edicine

@doubtful, by the same measure you have used to eliminate the other religions to remain with the Abrahamic religions, you could apply the same process to eliminate yours.

In a different discussion, we attempted to show one of your brothers the folly of thinking the prophet lived. He is a mystery figure just like the rest, in fact his death is not written about until almost 2 centuries after the alleged death. So unless you have other evidence of his existence outside the quran please share it with us here. You see the one thing about this group is our love for knowledge, so bring it on.

And by your asking if anyone here has gone through the three holy books to look for god is an indication, I think, of your finding the evidence in one wanting and so which one do we believe?

Nietzsche said "the christian resolve to find the world evil and ugly has made the world ugly and evil". Don't look for a purpose, the universe just is, is that not enough to go on?

one word my friend "antony flew"

@doubtful - that's two words.  If you want to talk about people who changed their views on the existence/non-existence of Allah/Yahweh, then why don't we take a quick peek at some people who realized that Islam was just a steaming pile of superstitious bullshit.

non of them was an islamic researcher

@doubtful

You simply are amazing!

And Flew wasn't an 'atheist researcher'.  Atheism is not a field of research.  What is your point?

This sounds suspiciously like the no true Scotsman fallacy...

@ doubtful

I have looked at a brief biography od Antony Flew on wikipedia and I will look for his book "There is a God" and read it. By that time this thread will have disappeared in the archives, but since I would so much want to revisit the topic with you, just send me click on add friend on my profile and we can keep this conversation going.

However, I have heard time to look at his interview with Habermas and he says very well in the opening paragraphs that he doesn't believe in revealed religion though he is open to the idea. He believes in Aristotelian God who is much different from your god or for any revealed religion. Why you use him as support for your religion is beyond me! Unless of course you are silently saying you are a deist?

First of all, Anthony Flew developed dementia in the last year or two of his life, and his book, There is a God, was mostly written by Christians who took advantage of his failing mind (exploitation at its finest). Also, the arguments in that book were pathetic. I so tire of anecdotal "evidence".

Secondly, even if Flew had a genuine conversion in his last days (mind intact), that doesn't prove the existence of a god as much as it proves we want to be comforted by the idea of an afterlife when we're so close to dying. Death-bed conversions only prove what we already know: we're scared of the unknown.

a hidden purpose

I'm not so big on "hidden" purposes.

that would be like me coming out and sayin i don't believe in physics even before i study it

You don't believe in gravity, or believe in objects continuing to move until they collide with something, despite seeing these things happen thousands of times... for example... compares to say, I don't believe an invisible man of omnipotent power that wants to subject everybody that doesn't believe in him and his prophet to horrible fiery torments simply for that... all because I only read ~5% of the Quran and found those parts to be silly? Are you really comparing these two? Point 2 simply does not make any sense at all.

i meant by hidden purpose what an atheist might think not a religious man

you are dealing with qura'n as if it's a newspaper it's abook that must be read from cover to cover then you can judge it and say: yes i believe in this or no i can't belive in this

and by the way god is not any thing that you just said if you read the qur'an you 'll understand who is god and why were we created and if you didn't then only then you can call yorself an atheist

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service