I found this on a web site and thought you guys would find it interesting. Also could you explain how this works in the context of gradualist evolution.

"The punctuated reality of the fossil record is best exemplified by the "Cambrian explosion." Virtually every animal phyla (including chordates and many phyla now extinct) appeared during the short geological moment called the Cambrian explosion (13). This period of time is now known to have covered a period of time of less than 10 million years (1415). The diversity of life and the variety of body designs has led Stephen Jay Gould to make the following statement:"

"We have reason to think that all major anatomical designs may have made their appearance at that time."16

Dr. Stephen Jay Gould

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An intelligent designer that designed most of his creation to fail. Is he employed by Chevrolet?

Why spend copious amounts of time listing genealogies? It's to fulfill Messianic and keep an accurate history. Paul recognizes the importance of this history. So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45

We need this genealogy to establish the Davidic Line. It lends to how important these main players are... look, they can be traced back to Adam! Or to the Messiah. The stories of each of these players is important too. Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "that I will raise to David a BRANCH of righteousness; a KING SHALL REIGN and prosper, and execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely; now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." Jeremiah 23:5-6

It would seem that our main difference is that you don't seem to care about Old Testament prophecy and how it turned out. I don't see the need for the New Testament without the Messianic Prophecy being fulfilled. I hope that I'm not mischaracterizing your position. If that's the case, we won't be finding a middle ground here so I'll let it go.
"An intelligent designer that designed most of his creation to fail. Is he employed by Chevrolet?"
I dont have the slightest idea why but that is really irrelevant if you ask me.

"We need this genealogy to establish the Davidic Line"
What genealogy are you talking about. As a general rule it was tradition to skip unimportant people in genealogies otherwise they would take up entire books of the bible and it would be impractical to have everyone in your family tree in an ancient genealogy. Therefore a genealogy could not be used to accurately predict the age of the earth.

I also do not understand why you think I dont care that Jesus fulfilled the messianic prophesy. I understand that he did fulfill them and recognize it to be necessary for him to be called Christ or Messiah.
Yeah, what he said! [Hides behind doone}
"Did Jesus bring forth the Kingdom of God" Yes he did but not in its fullness
"the 1000 years of peace for Jews laid out in Old Testament Prophecy?" This prophecy you are referring to happens after the second coming of Christ the Millenial kingdom referred to in Revelation 20 in greater detail http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/? search=revelation%2020&version=NASB So they were correct and prophets of God they just werent extremely specific about when Christ would do what was predicted of Him
My religion is consistent contrary to your presupposition
Sorry, this is as much reinterpretation after the failure as the position on Genesis. The largess of Jerusalem expected the End of Times and imminent rule of a Jewish leader from the Davidic Lines. The Dead Sea Scrolls kept by the Essenes are filled with Apocalyptic writings Jesus repeatedly says essentially, you wait and see, we will all rule together. (Matt 19:28) This was a common position of the people of the land, of the day, that their Messiah would soon rule.
When none of it bore out the truth, along came the rewrites. Paul thought that the end was near. Jesus thought it, and the Jews of the day thought it. To this day people think it is near. When I hear that, I hear this.
"The largess of Jerusalem expected the End of Times and imminent rule of a Jewish leader from the Davidic Lines."
and they were wrong so what
and Jesus never says anything in the Dead Sea Scrolls that is the Old Testament. Im really confused about what prophecies you are talking about and what "rewrites" your talking abolut

2 Peter 3:8 says

But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
I'm aware of the 1000 years, you still have the plant spreading the seeds problem even if we disagree about the formation of the sun according to Genesis.

Issiah and Daniel predict a king coming to take over Jerusalem Daniel 9:25-26 "Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed."

So it never happened, the Messiah wasn't Jesus, and you still agree? There are multiple of these references to a coming King or Savior that Jesus does not fulfill as the Son of Man. So if Jesus can't fulfill being the Son of Man, why is he different than say David Koresh or anyone else who claimed to be Jesus?

When I say rewrites, you have to recognize that Jesus and all of his followers were Jewish. It wasn't as if they were trying to create a new religion, they were hoping that the Old Testament Prophecies of the coming Son of Man was about to come true. When Jesus dies and nothing happens, the Gospels start coming 40 years or so later. What happens in the first Gospel, Mark? The oldest copy that we have ends at 16:9 with no return of Jesus. No Appearance to the apostles. Of course the claim is that it's extant. Shenanigans. From 16:9 we have a Gospel from a different author. It was a rewrite because the ending of Jesus having died and not come back is quite unimpressive.

Many will point to the Gospel of Q. Where is it? You can legitimately argue that it had to have existed, but we can't know the whole of it's text. It's convenient to point to a source that we can't review. We are talking about traditions passed through oral histories between illiterates. When you sit down to write the Gospel after the fact, you can read the Old Testament make your story fit as closely as possible. The reason it must fit, if Jesus isn't the Messiah, he isn't the Son of God and the house falls. You would have to ask what God is he the Son of?

We aren't going to agree here, I'm sure. But that's what I was referring to. It goes further and can be proven through quotes attributed to Jesus that he couldn't have said because of words that don't translate back to Aramaic. Whole conversations that are pointless. Scribes... what are you going to do?
Nevermind that the first plants weren't seed-bearing or even multi-cellular at all.
"Its end shall come with a flood."

Notice that the article skirts the flood portion.
According to Strongs Hebrew Dictionary
From H7857; a deluge (literally or figuratively): - flood, outrageous, overflowing.
which is the word used for flood in daniel 9. So the question is a flood of what? Answer I dont know I would have to do more research. Considering that the rest of the prophecy has come true to the letter Im going to assume the Bible is correct in the aspect of the flood and it is my reason and knowledge that is failing and not the Bible
The Cambrian explosion was "quick" in geological time, but there was something else that contributes to the "sudden" (if you call millions and millions of years sudden) appearance of fossils; hard bodies. There was multicellular life before the Cambrian Explosion, but soft, squishy bodies do not fossilize well, if at all. Bodies with a hard shell, like those of a trilobite, fossilize quite well and are abundant.

EDIT: Gaytor's video explains it pretty well.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service