Over the course of the last 7 months, I have found myself entangled in a web that's now become...confusing and scary. My boss and I have developed what could be seen as an inappropriate relationship. I guess I don't know how inappropriate it is to be honest. But it feels like we've crossed a lot of lines. But then again I'm not really sure. I don't know....But he is a Christian. I did ask him why he believes what he believes. He told me his testimony. He also told me in a conversation we were having about God that...there is no such thing as proof. It is all by faith alone. I feel like his influence is pulling me back to my Christian faith and it's....scary. I don't know what to do.

Views: 354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If he really thinks there is no such thing as proof then he is a twit. Tell him to rob a bank. If he's right, then no prosecutor will ever be able to prove it.

"That's not me in the video! You just believe it's me."

Well... there's nothing wrong with the bond but I tend to revert back to logic on that note. If you're a Christian, that means you have to believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Now, there's a huge amount of evidence showing that evolution is true. The Bible says that God started the world with Adam and Eve, and that although they didn't know the difference between right and wrong, that mankind was condemned when they ate the fruit of the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. This was the "original sin". I bring this up because, to believe that Jesus came to fulfill the promises of the Old Testament means that you MUST believe in the genesis story. If you accept the evidence against it, then that means that there was never "original sin". If there was never original sin, then what did Jesus die for? I mean, there are plenty of good things that are taught in the Bible and there's no shame in admitting that. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you should give up your better judgement against the inconsistencies within it. You might want to look up the history of ancient religions, you'll see that they all stemmed from polytheism and cosmology. Thats why in the original bible, the term "Elohim" which is used now to refer to the one God, actually means "gods" (plural). So yeah, maybe take some time to really look up its history from an objective point of view, it might help you with your decision :)

RSS

© 2019   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service