Hi guys!

I'm new here, and I was unable to find a similar topic so I started my own!

Philosophy has always intrigued me, and I got my hands on some Buddhist literature.

Once you cut away the mythical allusions, Buddhism really has a solid moral code. It emphasizes impermanence and self-lessness and eschews materialism.

my question is: is it possible to be "buddhist" and an atheist at the same time? or is it it's own thing?

help is appreciated.

thanks!

Tags: Buddhism

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah i think i went into a different zone altogether.. i guess adopting from the philosophies of the more progressive religions/cults etc may bring answers for the quest of life... 

about the nirvana and afterlife.. i only seem to draw parallels in the desirability of the post in both cases.. as though the present life is not enough to celebrate 

Yes, I certainly take as much of the Buddhist philosophy as I can and try to live it. It is hard, harder than being able to pray my wrong away, but Buddhism and T(D)aoism are great philosophies that can coexist with a lack of belief in the supernatural.  

exactly! and, what little superstition there is can be easily ignored!

Ayushi, I don't believe in reincarnation, so I haven't even contemplated the Buddhist version of the afterlife. If done correctly, Buddhism is life a buffet, you choose what you want, and ignore what you don't want.

RSS

Events

Services we love!

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service