Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, I'm sure you've heard of Bill O'Reilly's complete lack of understanding of how the tides work, how the sun rises and sets, and how the moon got in the sky.  Clearly, one could say that even a third grader could tell you the science behind the rising and setting of the sun and the functions of the tides.

Well, not 20 minutes ago, on his rant-fest, Bill O'Reilly was making his argument against raising funding for the already sub-par American educational system.  In his talking points memo, he mentioned that states have property taxes which pay for public education, and that even when he went to school, he was taught "the basics."

It was at that point that I started literally laughing out loud.  For a man who can't explain third grade science to claim that he was taught "the basics" is simply ridiculous.

Anyway, thoughts on O'Reilly's being taught, "The basics?"

Tags: Bill, O'Reilly

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may be right. President Silverman was interviewed a couple days after he was on o'reilley's show and he said that the character we see on the air is a put-on that is apparently completely different from his off-air personality.

Bill is controversial and may (like many) be underinformed here and there but Having him is better than not. Raising Questions is healthy , right? . Even kicking against the established order and creating controversy  makes people think  . To those who watch , just keep an open mind. Watch it as a sign to gauge part of our fellowmen by .  Speaking for myself I'm beyond watching Bill since  I can remember .

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 12 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service