I'm stuck on this Donohue (Bill Donohue represents the Catholic League) stating that the Priests weren't Pedophiles. He claims that the majority of the victims were post pubescent and puts up a stink about the term Pedophile. Vid Link (go to 7 mins and start there.) If his claim were true, his obtuse observation would be correct that they are not pedophiles. As Galen points out they are hebephiles. He refers to them as homosexuals but it's not accurate. They would still be rapists. So instead of being just pedophiles you are made up of rapist and pedophiles. Happy now Bill? 

But it's worse for Donohue. He claims that the "majority of the victims were post-Pubescent". Under my states' law that's 14 when the designation changes from child to young adult. Guess what Bill, there are stats available to the public to check you out. The John Jay College of Criminal Justice did a study in 2002. At that time they found 10,667 victims. 50.9% of them were between 11-14 years of age. Full Paragraph and Study link

". The largest group of alleged victims (50.9%) was between the ages of 11 and 14, 27.3% were 15-17, 16% were 8-10 and nearly 6% were under age 7. Overall, 81% of victims were male and 19% female. Male victims tended to be older than female victims. Over 40% of all victims were males between the ages of 11 and 14." 

This man has earned an ass kicking. He spreads lies, blames victims, blames homosexuality and all for a paycheck. I suggest you go check out this study. It's from 2002 and they had spent over 500,000,000 on the settlements. I'd argue that these numbers are much larger from those whom are dead and or would never talk about it. Additionally, this doesn't include the Ryan Report, the deaf kids, everything coming out in Europe now. I can only pray for the complete fall of the Catholic Church and the Catholic League..   

Tags: Abuse, Bill, Catholic, Donohue, League, Pedophile, Priest

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's an interesting perspective with him having grown up gay in the church and how that affected him.

Why do you suppose that he doesn't challenge the post-pubescent definition? Maybe he has enough core points, but I wouldn't leave that hanging out there. Puberty for me didn't end until after I turned 14, and I think that I was normal. So his claim that it was mainly post-pubescence isn't even true unless he has other numbers to share. We all know that we aren't going to see a 23 point swing in those numbers either. I assume that you would have taken him to task on the numbers?
Wow, what a prick. Kick his ass, Seabass!
I approve of this quote!
The Catholic Church's new motto; if there's grass on the field, play ball! If there's not, just turn them over and play in the dirt.

Bill Donahue is a disgusting human being. So, if a girl starts menstruating at 10 years of age or a boy gets some arm pit hair at 12, Bill Donohue thinks it's okay to use a position of authority to make sexual advances on them?

Asshole.
Way to say what you really mean, Gaytor. I love it and completely agree. I'll be right at your side, outside in the back alley with him and his. BTW, did anybody catch the South Park rerun about the Hare club for men, Hippitis-Hoppitis, hehehe. Classic.
Another thing I've hardly heard brought up is statistics on the number of Priests who abuse boys, who were themselves abused? Either by priests with authority over them or by some other family authority figure? In other words, is this a multi-generational problem? Considering how much more closed and corrupt the Church has been in the past, it would seem that this is really just the tip of the iceberg. Its only in the last few decades that the undisputed and absolute power of the Church has begun to fade. "Problems" like this just wouldn't have happened prior to the 1950's.
Undisputed is right on the money. I remember watching a 20/20 or Dateline when this really started to come to light in the early to mid 90's. This Italian mother on the east Coast was telling a story of her son coming to tell her what was happening. She slapped him for suggesting that he was molested. It devastated and victimized that family terribly in so many ways. I don't imagine I could find the clip, but I'll do some digging tonight to see if it's anywhere to be found.

RSS

Forum

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 1 hour ago. 8 Replies

Ken Hamm at it again

Started by Noel in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 3 hours ago. 2 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp 5 hours ago. 75 Replies

Living freely.

Started by Quincy Maxwell in Society. Last reply by Ed 7 hours ago. 22 Replies

Deepak's challenge

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas 7 hours ago. 25 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 7 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service