If this sounds weird you will have to tolerate me. For as long as I can remember everytime I meet people and my being left-handed would be exposed ( Say maybe, I have to use a pen etc) some people would ask me if I am creative- with the assumption that left handed people are all creative. (Of course I am a published author of two Novels and a collection of poems). However I still need to find out if is there a  factual proveable reason behind the assumption/ or the thinking that all lefthanded humans are creative by virtue of them 'using the left side of the brain'?.

Is there a followable scientifical lineage of creative humans( in arts, science, politics etc) who, if they were not left handed, they would not have achieved or contributed to human civilisation?  

Views: 736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read an article years ago that said that left handedness and also homosexuality in men had to do with x chromosome inactivation.

The way I read it, certain mothers, when they are having a male child, have a y chromosome in their body for the first time in their life. The theory was that the mothers bodily defenses activated during gestation, causing development of left handedness, gayness or both. There is a slightly higher propensity for gay men to be left handed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

This is not the original article, I cannot find it now while on a phone.

Some little-known facts about lefties:

About 20% of schizophrenics are left-handed while lefties are only 10% of the general population.
Our four last US Presidents were all lefties.
Lefties excel at sports. They win more than their share of games & championships. Baseball pitchers sweat facing a left-handed hitter.
Lefties experience greater fear and deeper anger than righties.
Lefties embarrass more easily.
While they aren;t more likely to be alcoholic, they do drink more than righties.

(source is a slideshow on this page)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

A fun test for all you ex-Christians

Started by Emperor Milos in Music. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 5 minutes ago. 6 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service