Hey everyone. I will be experiencing my first World Cup as I became a "football" (soccer) fan two years ago. I didnt even know such a tournament existed and now after following MLS and EPL for the last two years on EPSN, Fox Soccer Channel, and Setanta Sports, I am well versed with many of the players involved in the tourney.

So is anyone out there watching? Who will you be rooting for? What teams and leagues do you follow? How did you come to the sport? 

I will be rooting on my country the USA. One of the only sports we are underdogs in. I follow the EPL (Tottenham), MLS (Seattle), as well as the champions league and other tournements like the fa cup. I came to the sport after a year long mocking of my british boss for liking such a girly sport. After a year of this the euro cup was going to be on espn so I tuned in to kiss a little ass, but what I got out of it was a life changing experience. If I had to keep only one sport it would be the beautiful game.

So anyway share your story if you git one and if your in the US tune on on ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC to view this years World Cup June 11th thu July from South Africa.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't always follow football. But I must admit that I'm rooting for England. I've been keeping up on the scores online just about every day.
Go Germany! Aaah, nothing like being on holiday, yelling advice at the finest athletes in the world, who are running their asses off while I eat junk-food lying down.

RSS

Forum

Theo Van Gogh

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk 56 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Your kid's friends

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Belle Rose 1 hour ago. 7 Replies

Five things to remember when talking with atheists

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Bible thumpers. Last reply by Scott Kaelen 3 hours ago. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service