So I was in the car today reading out loud a passage from The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. It talked about why religion was regarded as so serious and offensive when people do political cartoons, and why people don't give a crap when politicians are made fun of. Anyways when I told my mom this she got into this big discussion about how basically atheist have no morals. And how religion gives people morals to behave. In total she said that most of the world's killers do not have any morals because they did not have a religion to follow morals, so they can kill anybody they want because nobody told them they were wrong. So she thought I was not a psychopath because I was raised on religous morals and I was not I would probably be one.  I told my mom it is the exact opposite, because of religion we had people like the columbine killers or the Virginia tech shooter who believed they were god or that it was gods divine intervention to kill all these people. But of course my mom say's I do not understand enough about religion to part from it. That may be true, but at least I know I will maybe never by accepted as an atheist by my mom and I will never so anything horrible or crazy in the name of religion. I would like your feedback in how to deal with this issue with my parents or what your opinions on this are.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the humorous comment and insight fullness!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service