I'm turning 18 tomorrow. I've been waiting for this for a very long time, I really just want to get a tattoo. I want it to be about atheism because it's one of the few things in my life that I know wont change. I'm really starting with nothing here, I have nothing particular in mind, so I'm open to all suggestions. I don't even know if I'm getting a quote, artwork, or otherwise. I'd also like to see others atheist tattoos if you have any. 

That picture is of an amazing tattoo, but I think its a bit much for me, especially for my first tattoo.

Views: 14013

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could start small, with one of the logos. There's the American Atheists atom logo, or the Star Trek-style logo, the FSM or the IPU.

I myself am considering getting the IPU logo done in a blacklight ink, just because I think it'd be cool to have an invisible Invisible Pink Unicorn tattoo.

why not darwin fish eating jesus fish?

I was thinking of the Darwin fish, that's still a great possibility. 

I LOVE this. It's so true. I just don't know where it could go. 

The beauty of it is, almost anyone would agree with that quote.  Including the people who conspicuously don't think for themselves.

I have aθεος tattooed... Lots of people have no ideawhat the word is, soo its very personal to me..

OK, idiot minds (ok, my idiot mind) want to know - what is it?

Rocky - It's atheos (means godless, denying the gods, ungodly) in ancient Greek

I can sound out Greek letters.  Love it.

Thanks, I searched for the ancient version which I think is much more beautiful than the anglified version ;)

I also have this word tattooed on me, inner left arm. I love that nobody has a clue what it means, so in case some religious nutcase inquires about it, I can just make something up. Or most likely tell them straight up anyways to spark a reaction.

That's why I went for the ancient version. I wouldn't lie if asked but would say that its a word that's personal to me. Most people don't then pry ;)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service