I'm turning 18 tomorrow. I've been waiting for this for a very long time, I really just want to get a tattoo. I want it to be about atheism because it's one of the few things in my life that I know wont change. I'm really starting with nothing here, I have nothing particular in mind, so I'm open to all suggestions. I don't even know if I'm getting a quote, artwork, or otherwise. I'd also like to see others atheist tattoos if you have any. 

That picture is of an amazing tattoo, but I think its a bit much for me, especially for my first tattoo.

Views: 14931

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tattoos fade with time and can usually be removed by a simple laser procedure. They aren't necessarily permanent. Difficult to get rid of, but normally not permanent.

There are other sources of tattoo removal. Medical schools do it at a much lower cost. Of course they are having students do it as part of their training - you have to sign an interesting medical waiver >:) - but that's the risk you take.

Who says you have to get it done tomorrow?  Take your time.  Make sure you really like the design you pick before you have it done.

Thanks for starting this post, I've been debating about getting one myself and I like the responses. I know I change my mind and opinions a lot through time, but like you, I feel like atheism is one of the few things I'll be constant on. My plan is to find a design I like and keep it as my wallpaper, posted on my fridge, and just somewhere that I'll see everyday to make sure I love it.

An idea on the placement would be your foot. My sister, who is an obsessed angler, got a bass on top of her foot and I love it. I would probably go for the side of my foot and not the top. Just some ideas for you! And please post a picture once you get one, I would love to see it!

That is a really good idea. I think I'll be doing that too, it's a good way to see if you'll get tired of the image or quote. I agree, a lot of people have really great suggestions.... which makes it an even harder decision! 

i have been wanting a tattoo for such a long time.. i have one already.. but i want another..

i love the pic you have up... but since i would definitely want one in arabic.. something like the pic you have up.. saying something like "infidel" or "kaffrah" in arabic script.. http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a423/nessrriinn/Ink-Lion-Arabic...

Regarding Arabic tattoos, I have this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8725574/AbuMaia2.PNG on my wrist where it would be covered up by my watch. Not exactly that one, that's the same image avatarized. The one on my wrist is a bit more rectangular. I designed it and had it done when my job was studying Arabic.

You could get a Zopdoz- it's small and most people wouldn't recognize it if you want to hide it.

What is that? Sorry I'm slightly new haha
On a side note, it took me almost two years to decide on my tree if life and where it would go, so like what others have said just think it through cuz its there for good

I'm in no rush to get it, I definitely want to wait until I'm more than positive it's the tattoo I want to display until I die. So I definitely don't want to rush it and end up with something I later regret.

Krystal, you could always find a design you like and have someone draw it on you with a permanent marker, to give you an idea of what it will look like. 

Oh and happy birthday!

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 6 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service