I'm turning 18 tomorrow. I've been waiting for this for a very long time, I really just want to get a tattoo. I want it to be about atheism because it's one of the few things in my life that I know wont change. I'm really starting with nothing here, I have nothing particular in mind, so I'm open to all suggestions. I don't even know if I'm getting a quote, artwork, or otherwise. I'd also like to see others atheist tattoos if you have any. 

That picture is of an amazing tattoo, but I think its a bit much for me, especially for my first tattoo.

Views: 15021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, I don't feel a need, but rather I feel a desire or a wanting. I don't know what started my love of tattoos, but since I was like 12 or 13 I just have always dreamed of the tattoos I would get when I turn of age, I can't even remember half of them, but I know they were dumb and I would definitely regret them if I had gotten them. I want to display the things that are important to me. I don't want any meaningless tattoos. There are a few things I know I want to get tattoos for, and it's some of the things that are instilled in me, things that I want to carry to the grave. 

I'm quite a fan of this one:http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv4yhlhxGq1qklxlqo1_500.jpg possibly going to get it or yes, the scarlet A.

I really like that, "praise reason". I feel like it would make people think when they see it. What are some of the reactions you've gotten with that? 

I had the same dilemma when I decided to get a tattoo. Finally I decided on Darwin's Tree of Life with his signature underneath, which is science-y if you're into that. It was a good choice for a first tattoo, though, because it's really simple and it only took about 15-20 minutes to do.

My second tattoo is a quote from Thomas Jefferson. I've decided I prefer quotes as tattoos, they seem a bit more meaningful. But that's just me, obviously.

I attached a picture of each one.

Attachments:

I love your tattoos. I also really love quotes as tattoos too. But I'm thinking I'm going to get a quote with whatever tattoo I decide to (finally) get. 

This tattoo that I have, is for you I think. It's small and mean that think atheist and materialist.

I love this one.

I love this! It's so creative, and I don't think everyone that sees it would automatically know what the tattoo is for. I want something I would be able to pull off as something else when I need to. The only time I would do that is around my boyfriends grandma. She's a doll, she is so sweet, but she is just a little too religious. 

I have the IPU on my right calf. Love it

If I were to get a tattoo I'd get this. But I'm not really into the idea of tattoos for myself right now maybe someday. I do however love seeing what other people chose and the reasons behind it so when you do finally make a choice you gotta show us a picture.

I definitely will be sharing a picture when I finally get it done(:

Tattoos fade with time and can usually be removed by a simple laser procedure. They aren't necessarily permanent. Difficult to get rid of, but normally not permanent.

RSS

Forum

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Karlee 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Cato Rigas 3 hours ago. 34 Replies

Blog Posts

coexist

Posted by aubrey knows nothing * on October 23, 2014 at 9:25pm 1 Comment

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service