I'm turning 18 tomorrow. I've been waiting for this for a very long time, I really just want to get a tattoo. I want it to be about atheism because it's one of the few things in my life that I know wont change. I'm really starting with nothing here, I have nothing particular in mind, so I'm open to all suggestions. I don't even know if I'm getting a quote, artwork, or otherwise. I'd also like to see others atheist tattoos if you have any. 

That picture is of an amazing tattoo, but I think its a bit much for me, especially for my first tattoo.

Views: 15230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, I don't feel a need, but rather I feel a desire or a wanting. I don't know what started my love of tattoos, but since I was like 12 or 13 I just have always dreamed of the tattoos I would get when I turn of age, I can't even remember half of them, but I know they were dumb and I would definitely regret them if I had gotten them. I want to display the things that are important to me. I don't want any meaningless tattoos. There are a few things I know I want to get tattoos for, and it's some of the things that are instilled in me, things that I want to carry to the grave. 

I'm quite a fan of this one:http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv4yhlhxGq1qklxlqo1_500.jpg possibly going to get it or yes, the scarlet A.

I really like that, "praise reason". I feel like it would make people think when they see it. What are some of the reactions you've gotten with that? 

I had the same dilemma when I decided to get a tattoo. Finally I decided on Darwin's Tree of Life with his signature underneath, which is science-y if you're into that. It was a good choice for a first tattoo, though, because it's really simple and it only took about 15-20 minutes to do.

My second tattoo is a quote from Thomas Jefferson. I've decided I prefer quotes as tattoos, they seem a bit more meaningful. But that's just me, obviously.

I attached a picture of each one.

Attachments:

I love your tattoos. I also really love quotes as tattoos too. But I'm thinking I'm going to get a quote with whatever tattoo I decide to (finally) get. 

This tattoo that I have, is for you I think. It's small and mean that think atheist and materialist.

I love this one.

I love this! It's so creative, and I don't think everyone that sees it would automatically know what the tattoo is for. I want something I would be able to pull off as something else when I need to. The only time I would do that is around my boyfriends grandma. She's a doll, she is so sweet, but she is just a little too religious. 

I have the IPU on my right calf. Love it

If I were to get a tattoo I'd get this. But I'm not really into the idea of tattoos for myself right now maybe someday. I do however love seeing what other people chose and the reasons behind it so when you do finally make a choice you gotta show us a picture.

I definitely will be sharing a picture when I finally get it done(:

Tattoos fade with time and can usually be removed by a simple laser procedure. They aren't necessarily permanent. Difficult to get rid of, but normally not permanent.

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 20 minutes ago. 201 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ed 1 hour ago. 1 Reply

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Virgil 1 hour ago. 114 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Ron Humphrey 2 hours ago. 20 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 6 hours ago. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service