I'm turning 18 tomorrow. I've been waiting for this for a very long time, I really just want to get a tattoo. I want it to be about atheism because it's one of the few things in my life that I know wont change. I'm really starting with nothing here, I have nothing particular in mind, so I'm open to all suggestions. I don't even know if I'm getting a quote, artwork, or otherwise. I'd also like to see others atheist tattoos if you have any. 

That picture is of an amazing tattoo, but I think its a bit much for me, especially for my first tattoo.

Views: 13981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really? Lol I love your tattoo! How did you think of something so unique and beautiful?! 

Oh and happy birthday, kiddo!

Thank you! :D

Numquam Subsisto Interrogatum: Never Stop asking Questions

Sorry to sound dumb, but I am not bilingual AT ALL, what language is that?

Latin, I don't think (m)any people are bilingual in it!

In Europe at least mostly church folk in an ironic twist.

Mine is on my right shoulder. It's a crude "jailhouse style" tattoo of my (now ex) wife's name. I had sworn before that I'd never get a tattoo. It was a very strange night....

Given the reasons for not having a tattoo (potential impediment to landing a job, tattoo regret, etc.), I wonder why people feel such an overwhelming need to have one.

It's an issue of personal vanity or sentimentality - not need. While difficult to do so, it's not an irrevocable decision. And if properly placed, is not an impediment. The tattoo of my ex I still like. We are still good friends and I care about her. No harm. And it's in a place where it is normally covered by a shirt so no harm there as far as jobs - and the message is one that is non-offensive. 

Obviously, I'm talking about the people who have tattoos that can't be ignored.

Thanks for the clarification. I was mostly responding to the final part of your question "...I wonder why people feel such an overwhelming need to have one." 

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service