I've been itching to get a new tattoo. I want one that says HEY! I THINK ATHEIST! (and so should you) without saying it in quite so many words. I have a bunch of symbols running down my spine, so I thought a nice atheist symbol could rest right on top of the row.
So.
Any ideas? If you have an atheist tattoo, I'd love to hear about it / them!
I'll go out as soon as I find the right idea and sketch it out!
Thanks, guys =]

Ps- One of my friends got "Not" and "Saved" tattooed to his kneecaps. It looks amazing. It's much more masculine than something I would get (you know, as a girl). I love the idea of getting that, but at the same time I think it points to needing to be saved. But what are your thoughts?

Tags: tatoto

Views: 39106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the IPU symbol has been mentioned by somebody.  The symbol I would choose should promote intelligent discussion and this one works for me.  Here's a link to some tattoo images of it. 

I have the IPU car logo and people are always wondering what it is which gets into some funny conversations where I don't even mention the word 'Atheist'.  I think it looks very cool as a tattoo all on it's own regardless of meaning too.  Better than all the symbols with the letter 'A' in it somewhere (like a scarlet letter or something). 

I know this is a late arrival, but I've been thinking of using Spinoza's Caute! sub rosa. I feel it would be a good reminder that, as atheists, we shouldn't have to hide our beliefs. Of course, I would leave Spinoza's initials out of it. I would consider inserting my own.

SICK BRO ! Actually pretty tight wording too makes sense - i just got ATHEOS going down my tricep 

nice, Post a pic!

I am also looking or an appropriate tattoo image that speaks to me. I found this one that I like and am considering getting it on my foot. I like the organic look it has over other typical atheist A symbols.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=k...

Here are mine. the "Evolve" fish is on my wrist.  I've had the Fallen Angel for about a year. and the Atom was done the same time as my fish in August.

Lets see If I can post all three in one shot.

I like the Darwin fish, but I'm leaning towards getting this one in about a month.

I designed that one Ryan, can't wait to see it. However, if I may recommend the revised version? 

Hmm I like the electron orbit better in that one, but I also really liked the red A.

There's no saying you can't combine the two. The 2nd one has more depth to the line thickness and the interweaving makes more sense.

Wow Mark, these are stunning!  I have a couple of tatts, both are symbols of the love I carry - one for a woman who died, one for a woman who survived.

I am seriously interested in possibly using one of your above drawn pictures - do you feel possessive about them or are you sharing freely?

The above symbol(s) have been tattooed dozens and dozens of times already, even by members here. I can no longer control it, so have at it. Just don't make money from it. ;)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Devlin Cuite 4 minutes ago. 71 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service