I've been itching to get a new tattoo. I want one that says HEY! I THINK ATHEIST! (and so should you) without saying it in quite so many words. I have a bunch of symbols running down my spine, so I thought a nice atheist symbol could rest right on top of the row.
So.
Any ideas? If you have an atheist tattoo, I'd love to hear about it / them!
I'll go out as soon as I find the right idea and sketch it out!
Thanks, guys =]

Ps- One of my friends got "Not" and "Saved" tattooed to his kneecaps. It looks amazing. It's much more masculine than something I would get (you know, as a girl). I love the idea of getting that, but at the same time I think it points to needing to be saved. But what are your thoughts?

Tags: tatoto

Views: 41532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a beautiful tat Kristen.
Thank you. It's my favorite, but sometimes it ties with my kicking democratic donkey on my shoulder blade.
Yeah, I agree. Kicks up her sexy points a notch or two.
Ahhh I love that. I kind of want to get that incorporated into a tattoo idea I've been considering for my upper mid-back area.
I had been thinking about spelling out atheist by using the Periodic table, but it might not come out right...
We could have a gang sign using stencilled atoms that, when replaced with atomic symbol, spelt atheist.
Although we need to discover or make some new elements and give them the symbols A, T, E. We only have Iodine, hydrogen and silicon on our side. Why didnt someone think of this earlier? This could have been so cool!
What about isotopes? Don't they have alphabetical symbols?
#85 Astatine (At)
#2 Helium (He)
#53 Iodine (I)
#62 Samarium (Sm)

Closest we're going to get, but worth it, if the tat is done right.

@ Jason

Ha!  Smartypants!  I like it :)

Anthony Okafor you related to Emeka?
The darwin fish.
worked for me :D
Maybe a little too obvious... Very lately it has had a lot of coverage. A lot of people will now know what it means.
My mum would kill me if I got a tattoo. If I suddenly stop posting, you'll know why.
The cool thing about the atheist logo is that a lot of people don't know what it means. Christians come up and compliment it and ask. They just think it's the atomic symbol but are curious as to why it's open on the bottom. So the bonuses are I get to tell them all about looking to science for answers and about being open-minded, and also they walk away feeling sinful that they found beauty in a heathen symbol. Wins all around!

And you can always tell your mom it's about what science has done to the world; i.e. brought the atomic bomb.

RSS

Forum

The Cross

Started by Belle Rose in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Davis Goodman 18 minutes ago. 21 Replies

Help Think Atheist!

Started by David Smith in Theistic Arguments and Debate Help. Last reply by Simon Mathews 8 hours ago. 18 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by MikeLong 18 hours ago. 38 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service