I've been itching to get a new tattoo. I want one that says HEY! I THINK ATHEIST! (and so should you) without saying it in quite so many words. I have a bunch of symbols running down my spine, so I thought a nice atheist symbol could rest right on top of the row.
So.
Any ideas? If you have an atheist tattoo, I'd love to hear about it / them!
I'll go out as soon as I find the right idea and sketch it out!
Thanks, guys =]

Ps- One of my friends got "Not" and "Saved" tattooed to his kneecaps. It looks amazing. It's much more masculine than something I would get (you know, as a girl). I love the idea of getting that, but at the same time I think it points to needing to be saved. But what are your thoughts?

Tags: tatoto

Views: 42339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have "God(s) Free" across the top of my chest.
The Invisible Pink Unicorn. Here is a definition, along with the symbol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_pink_unicorn
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28297&id=100000245021281&...

The above is a photo album I started for atheist tattoo idea's. Some are just ideas in the making... some are tats people have already done. Either way, I hope those of you who like atheist tattoos share yours with me so I can add to my album and hopefully help others along the way. Feel free to use what you like.
Sincerely,
Eric Knight
I love the babel fish!  LOL
Now that is bad ass!
Nice!

I'm not a fan of "slap in the face" atheism. That is to say, I prefer to be much more subtle about it. Instead of getting specifically atheist tattoos, I've been getting "science" tattoos, since it was my thirst for knowledge and love of science/evolution that led me to atheism in the first place.

So far I have a large atom on my right calf. I plan on getting Darwin's "I think" tree (but haven't decided where yet), the "ascent of man," and a double-helix band around my arm.

If I do get something specifically atheist, it will be this quote by Douglas Adams: "Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

I do also like the IPU symbol, and have toyed with the idea of getting that done somewhere, outlined in black and filled with pink, fading gradually.

olala

I love it.

My wife, who's a believer, told me to get a cross with a cross through it.  For a second I almost considered it.

I've been thinking about getting one that is related to reason or science...

...or just maybe a really cool rocket ship.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

"Probably won't report".....

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 39 minutes ago. 19 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 50 minutes ago. 64 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 1 hour ago. 63 Replies

Analyzing Ferguson

Started by Unseen in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Simon Mathews 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service