Hi fellow atheists!

A small thought as to my own prejudices got me to wondering if these are linked to my atheist position. I know a lot of us have a prejudice based mainly on theists and this can range from mild irritation to outright hatred. This is one of my own prejudices, for as soon as I discover a person's religious beliefs (or the strength of their religious beliefs to be more accurate) I tend to label them with an equivalent intelligence level, even though I know rationally that this is not always the case for I have met intelligent theists and they do exist. I know I tend to think this because I equate atheism with rationality and logic which I know all of us do.

I wondered if there are any other typical atheists prejudices that you think we may have? Or perhaps any prejudices that you yourself may have that you have noticed?

Any typical prejudices that we may be strictly against, such as theists 'satanistic' assumptions about us?

Can our prejudices be equated to those of theists?

Tags: atheist, logic, prejudice, rationality, theist

Views: 567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like to point out to religious people who also believe in astrology that such beliefs are on a par with witchcraft as far as Christian theology is concerned.

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 3 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Erock68la 7 hours ago. 25 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 8 hours ago. 9 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Pope Beanie 10 hours ago. 134 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 17 hours ago. 27 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service