Atheism:The lie of the century Pt. 1

Atheism:The lie of the century Pt. 1

It’s beyond obvious that atheism is a lie that was created by rebels who felt they were superior to God. I have spent quite some time studying atheism and I have learned quite a few things. First and foremost atheism is simply willful rebellion against God. After speaking to quite a few atheists I have come to conclusion that the majority of them always sound very angry, although they claim their anger is not directed towards God, I have every reason to believe otherwise.

Now I would like to expatiate regarding a certain man called Charles Darwin, who is known as the founder of the “theory” of evolution.  It has come to my attention that many believe that Darwin was an atheist when in fact he was a Christian man who came from a highly religious family. During his adulthood be began to question certain Christian concepts, which eventually weakened his faith. During that period of time he proposed the theory of evolution, and ever since then atheists have used it against Christianity. Darwin himself was never an enemy of the Christian faith neither did he propose his theory to destroy the Christian faith or discredit it. It’s those who hated the Christian faith who deliberately used his theory to advance their agendas.

I have also noticed that atheists claim to be moral but how is that possible if they do not believe in God, considering the fact that morality comes from God. I have spoken to many atheists who claim morality does not come from God, stating it comes from society. Now allow me to ask these questions; how did human beings know the difference between right and wrong? Who taught human beings that murder, stealing, lying, adultery, were wrong? Who set the standards for morality if not God? After examining all these questions I came to conclusion that it’s impossible to be moral without God.

Let’s move forward to abortion, I have spoken to many atheists regarding this issue and I was shocked to see how they speak of the fetus as if it were a parasite. Abortion is clearly immoral but in the eyes of atheists the fetus is not a human being thus making the removal of the fetus acceptable. Atheists claim religion is responsible for the majority of deaths and violence the world has experienced over the years but isn’t abortion which is also known as “the atheist holocaust” responsible of the death of millions of defenseless children. Atheists are doing everything they can to destroy religion claiming it causes unnecessary deaths and violence, yet they support abortion which kills defenseless children. This sounds very hypocritical if you ask me.

I recently met a wonderful gentleman who happens to be an ex-atheist, I had the opportunity to ask him a few questions about his experience in atheism and how he was delivered from it. I will be sharing that interview with you all very soon. I also had the chance to speak with a few atheists and asked them a few questions too… stay tuned… we have lots to talk about…

- Miss Raissa

http://missraissa.com/?p=138

My Reply:

Miss Raissa,

I would first wish to respond by saying that nobody "created" atheism because atheism is a default position. All that atheism is, is a lack of belief in a god or gods. Period. It has no doctrine, no agenda, no purpose, no beliefs, nothing. When you say that you have studied atheism you are basically saying nothing since there is nothing to really study. No two atheists are alike and there are even some religions that could be considered atheistic in nature. How can you study the lack of a belief? Your assertion that atheism is a willful rebellion against god implies a belief in the said god and thus doesn't cover atheism since atheists lack that belief. I personally take offense to the accusation that atheists are angry. In my experiences I have received more anger and hate from christians as an atheist then I ever did from atheists as a christian... and yes, I was a christian. For the first 22 years of my life I was a devout Christian. When I say Christian I mean I was a right-wing, super conservative, evangelical, creationist believing, bible-thumping, fundamentalist Christian. As a Christian, I had read the bible cover-to-cover nearly 6 times in various versions, I had read individual passages and selections tens-of-thousands of times, I had attended thousands of bible studies and prayer meetings, thousands of church services, many conferences and camps, read hundreds of deferent bible companion books and most of the top Christian literature. I had watched countless hours of Christian videos, taken many Christian classes both in person and online, had many discussion with pastors and other church leaders, and had believed every bit of it.

I find it odd that you would choose to move on to Darwin when he has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. Just so you know Evolution deals in the realms of science and has nothing to do with religious belief or the lack there of. Also, just so you know there are people of all faith's (and non-faiths) who accept evolution and this includes christians.... so where you are going with this I have no clue... but I will play. I noticed you made use of the word "theory" and just to be clear, a theory is the highest proof there is in science. Gravity too is just a "theory", but I digress. The truth is that yes, for the first part of his life Darwin was a christian and no, he never claimed to be an atheist, but in his later life he did say he no longer believed in a god and was in-fact  agnostic. Don't believe me? Here is just one quote to prove my point, "Thus disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate, but was at last complete. The rate was so slow that I felt no distress, and have never since doubted even for a single second that my conclusion was correct. I can indeed hardly see how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true; for if so the plain language of the text seems to show that the men who do not believe, and this would include my Father, Brother and almost all my best friends, will be everlastingly punished...And this is a damnable doctrine." Are those the words of a Christian? But to return to the point, Darwin and Evolution have nothing to do with religion or atheism, so it was really off topic of you to even bring it up.

As for your arguments from morality, claim morality comes from god, correct? Let me ask you this then: Do you support slavery, incest, genocide, murder, rape, the suppression of women, public executions of homosexuals, other religions, women who aren't virgins, disobedient children, people who work on saturdays,  etc... If you don't then you don't share the same morality as your god. If you do I find your morality evil and want no part of it. You ask who taught humans our morality? Let me ask you this: would you want to me murdered? Raped? Lied to? Cheated on? Then why would you do those things to others? The thing is that it makes total sense for morality to have evolved in a social community. If you don't want others to harm you, then it would be wise not to try to harm them. Not to hard to figure that out without a god. In fact, we observe standards of morality in pretty much every social animal society. 

As for abortion, again, nothing to do with atheism and your generalizations that all atheist support it is unfounded and totally irrelevant. I know lots of christians, muslims, jews, and other religious people who support it too. What's the point? Let me ask you this: Do you have a religious reason for believing abortion is wrong? Do you have any verses that speak against it in your religious texts? You call abortion "the atheist holocaust", which I find funny considering the vast majority of those who get abortions are actually religious. In-fact, Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. That means that 76.3% of all abortions in the United States are by those who are religious and 68.7% of all abortions in the United States are from women of Christian belief. More like a christian "Holocaust" wouldn't you say? Also, the use of the word Holocaust is really dishonest. The Holocaust was about racial purification and resulted in horrible torture and the mass execution of grown people with real emotions, real relationships, real dreams, real goals, fully formed nervous systems, fully aware, fully human. To compare a fetus which has none of these traits to a grown human going through one of the biggest evils of all time is being purposely dishonest and just evil. I would also like to point out that if you are so opposed to abortion, then are you and other anti-abortionists willing to adopt and care for dozens-upon-dozens of unwanted children? I ask because as it is we already have an overpopulation crises in orphanages and foster care centers and if abortions were to end, this would go up over 100 fold. Just something to think about. 

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As I have stated before, I was even more delusional and religious than she appears to be and if people had just gave up on trying to show me reaso, logix, and the truth, then I would still be stuck in my delusion. Never say that someone is beyond reason, because you might be surprised.
Sorry about the typos, I tend to make a lot when using my phone to reply... ha ha.
-_-' Honestly... I think she probably did talk to some atheists... but like a lot of theists... listened about as much as a brick wall. *sigh* I really don't see a point in responding to this idiot of a woman.
She sure did talk to a lot of atheists but, from my person experiences with tweeting her, she is a blockhead

"It’s beyond obvious that atheism is a lie that was created by rebels who felt they were superior to God."

That's an interesting, uh, premise. I think most religious people couldn't agree with this, let alone think it's "beyond obvious".

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service