Now that I'm an atheist, I need some new vocabulary.  "Oh my God!", "Good Lord!", Jesus Christ!", and "God damn it" all have to go.  What can I replace these God-isms with except for Atheism-isms - but which ones?  What else to say instead?  There ought to be a hand-book or something... let's make one.  And let's have fun (I hope) doing it.

Tags: christ, damn, god, good, it, jesus, lord, my, oh

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great googly moogly - my mothers favorite

Jesus titty fucking christ

Hokey spoons!! - not sure where I heard that one.

Oh "your' god!! - Futurama

An atheist saying God-dammit believes in god as much as a Christian saying "Holy Cow!" believes in the sanctity of cows in India.
Oh my, Gosh Darn, Dagnabbett, drat, rats, Holy Moly, etc.
Doug, those sound non committed to the task at hand, you need to let go.
"For Spaghetti Monster sake"

Why change? Just because you don't believe in Santa doesn't mean you have to stop saying his name.
Yes, there really is no reason to change the expletives you use.  Language is a construct of human invention and as such words are only symbols for certain meanings. When you say "oh my god" you aren't explicitly saying you believe in god, but that you were surprised. Therefore "oh my god" is completely okay for an atheist to say because it contains no magic powers that suddenly make you a theist.
Not really an atheism-ism, but in place of "Jesus Christ!" I often like to exclaim "Abraham!" or "The Prophet Muhammad!", just for the sake of blaspheming against all religions equally.

use what ever you like  and peaple are afended just tell them to fuck off

for fuck's sake (ffs)

you have got to be fucking kidding me

Hmmmm, I'm fond of saying " Holy Hell!" does that count?  or "For Fucks sakes" maybe... "Oh your God"  The ol' Charlie Brown fallback of " Good Grief" is a bit bland.... No, don't think I could do without "God Dammit" really, that one is just fun... " God Fuckit" kinda rolls but not exactly what you were looking for I guess and just Dammit is usable but then I couldn't Blasphemy at all... God dammit.
Here is one my friend in the army likes to use - Balls!

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service