Now that I'm an atheist, I need some new vocabulary.  "Oh my God!", "Good Lord!", Jesus Christ!", and "God damn it" all have to go.  What can I replace these God-isms with except for Atheism-isms - but which ones?  What else to say instead?  There ought to be a hand-book or something... let's make one.  And let's have fun (I hope) doing it.

Tags: christ, damn, god, good, it, jesus, lord, my, oh

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I'm going to start exclaiming that. Thanks.
Ditto.
one of my favorites is... Jesus H. fist fucking Christ in a traveling midget circus!!
Spongebob Square pants uses the curse word, "Tartar sauce!" ;)
I now like the grilled cheesus reference from Glee! These are so good!
one of my favorites is... Jesus H. fist fucking Christ in a traveling midget circus!!

Ha ha ha - that is SO bad!

I saw this on this website (or maybe it was A/N): Jesus H. Christ on a unicycle.

I liked that one. I used to have a Catholic friend who went to church every Sunday but she would always say Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick! lol
Well hot damn if it ain't jesus christ... on a stick! lolol Thanks for that post.

lol

christ on a bicycle is along these lines :)

i like the team america one "Jesus Titty-Fucking Christ". lmao
Doone! That was pic was hilarious! Thanks.

Reply by Carl 14 hours ago
Spongebob Square pants uses the curse word, "Tartar sauce!" ;)

Carl - Did you ever see the Sponge Bob Square Pants episode where he went around swearing in every sentence he said but it was bleeped. Funniest Sponge Bob ever! How ya bleeping doing Patrick.

Reply by Fred Werther 17 hours ago
I am lousy at such too.
Oh Earth keep your tsunamis at bay. :)
In summer I say. Dear Sun I know you love me but this is just too hot!

Fred - That's funny. I especially like the one about the sun. I used to always say fucking this and fucking that but lately I have gradually changed over to freaking, frigging, and fricking. It's more acceptable in polite company lol. Sometimes I even throw in a fracking (I got that one from Caprica) lol.

Reply by Ed Spencer 18 hours ago
It's strange you posted this, I caught myself yesterday, thinking (not saying) "Oh My god" - when this happens I usually try to insert "shit fire".

Ed Spencer - When I lived Tennesse we pronounced it shit far. lol
I have to say, I really like taking the "lord's" name in vain. Personally, I like "Jesus Fucking Christ." I say it all the time--out loud, under my breath, in my mind.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service