Now that I'm an atheist, I need some new vocabulary.  "Oh my God!", "Good Lord!", Jesus Christ!", and "God damn it" all have to go.  What can I replace these God-isms with except for Atheism-isms - but which ones?  What else to say instead?  There ought to be a hand-book or something... let's make one.  And let's have fun (I hope) doing it.

Tags: christ, damn, god, good, it, jesus, lord, my, oh

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the love of FSM.

personally I like taking the "lord's" name in vain.
Same. I use it more now that I don't fear eternal damnation.
Embrace blasphemy!
True - "God damn it" is a favorite of mine. But I have heard claims from religious folk that just saying those things means that "atheists really do believe in god, but are just rebelling against him.' So, I figured it would be nice to have something else handy to say for just those occasions.
I frequently take time out of my day to "rebel" against the Easter Bunny too.
I paint eggs black, and practice my Hassenpfeffer recipes.
"Fuck Jesus in his bleeding gay ass"? Wait until you poll the LGBT humanist for approval though...
LMFAO, EPIC!
When religious people make those claims, I remind them that they don't get to just dictate what reality is.  I also say "Christ on a cracker!" but that doesn't mean I believe that Jesus is a delicious cheese spread either!
I have heard the same and have been addressed when saying, "Good Lord."  It's a Southern thing and it's hard to not use!
Ditto. And my fam is constantly fussing at me for doing it.. it's "insulting to them" that I don't follow their god's rules. lmao
that calls for escalation if anything. They don't get to tell you what rules to follow.
Great Caesar's Ghost! Although ghosts don't exist, either.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service