* aiming towards a goal

* nor should they preach

Discuss

Tags: purpose, reason

Views: 764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes that is what it is supposed to read sorry DUH

But legal to kill a Scotsman in York with a bow and arrow...and illegal to drive a taxi cab without a bale of hay and a bucket of water (for the horse)

Ah - now there was a lathe worker reported to masturbate with the moving lathe belt during lunch but one day he lost balance and the lathe belt ripped a testicle off him and flung it out the window.  He went out and found it, put it back in his scrotum and used industrial staples to re-seal his scrotum. 

...so I guess I'm trying to say the manufacturer may have had a complaint by a customer who tried to stop it with their genitals so were covering themselves against litigation, in case this was a common method of stopping a chain saw...

...or it was just someone in the documentation dept. who was having a laugh...

I just love the peanut packets that now say "may contain nuts"...well I should effing well hope so!

I hear tell sometimes about warning labels like "do not eat" on urinal cakes.

if it's called  a cake it must be edible! hehe

Oh my, that's funny.  Thank you!

@ Karl

Yes, it's certainly not that way here in the US, and, I don't recall it being quite that likely when I last was in Britain.  I grew up there, but haven't been back for over 20 years, sadly...

Though, I have to admit, even in the late '80s early 90s it was much easier being an atheist in Britain than it is in a lot of parts of the US.  Or it seems so in my memory, at least, but we all know the mind can play those old nostalgia tricks.  Here in the US, some places are better than others, but in no place I've spent time in are the atheists anywhere close to a majority.

Cathy, come to Vermont.  58% are non-religious.  Page 2 of this link gives a table for all the states and the distribution between "very religious", "moderately religious", and "nonreligious" Americans.

Vermont scores 23%, 20% and 58% respectively (yes, I know that's 101% but the figures are rounded) and is the least religious state in the USA - or as a state government official said to me a couple of days ago, "come to Vermont - the Godless State" and laughed.

I laughed too :)

Well apparently Colorado does tolerably well (33/27/40) on that too... though you wouldn't know it from where I live!

...And I notice from the big table that only one state has more than a third moderately religious, and that's Delaware.  Just barely, at 34%.  Utah has only 15% moderate.... so I guess it's pretty darned polarized there.

To paraphrase Judge Judy; If it don't make sense, it ain't true.

I don't think it is up to anyone to decide what is or isn't atheism.  Part of free thought as I see it is having the right to formulate and give our opinions.  I'm not really sure by what you meant by most of the things you said.  I mean we all have to follow rules.  Like Strega said, we can't just tell the police oh I am an atheist and therefore I can do what I please because rules are only for the God fearing.  Also I work towards goals all the time, do you mean we should not try to better ourselves because only religious people should be better people.  I'm not trying to be rude I just don't get it.  Why should we not be repetitive, I think clearly stating what one means is important and sometimes in order to make, or clarify a point one must repeat an a fore mentioned statement. I am also dependent,  I am dependent on others kindness or my own work to survive.  I am often in agreement with others on many matters political,and ethical and so on.  I mean not to repeat myself but could you please clarify what you mean by what you posted.  I am genuinely confused.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 13 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service