* repetitive

* aiming towards a goal

* nor should they preach

Discuss

Tags: purpose, reason

Views: 798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd say many, maybe even most, atheists have at this experience in common.   Which is a feeling akin to be a racial minority X in an environment of all Majority A.  If you suddenly see a racial minority Y, with whom you have nothing in common, you at least can share that feeling of being the racial minority, and of thinking that at least in this setting, you may be the only one.  And you are often happy to see the other guy. 

Other than that, we are a very disparate lot.

As for what I preach...  Um, safety around heavy electrical equipment, for a start, but by doing so, I certainly don't expect every other atheist to do likewise.  And more than any theist ever really expects every other theist to handle snakes during a church service...

In the UK now you meet someone new and they are most likely to be atheistic, though not necessarily outspokenly so.  From what Americans have posted on here (and Brits living in the US), it sounds like that isn't so in the US.I'm reading with interest the post on "Discrimination Against Atheists?"

Thanks for the advice on electrical equipment...I shall try to take it on board.  Note to self, don't fix the electrical pump on a jacuzzi while standing in 2 inches of water without ensuring you are electrically isolated.  The screwdriver having a plastic handle is no protection when your index finger is resting on the metal shaft!

What I am going to say is not related to your exact delima, but my brother once read a warning on a chain saw that said..."Do not stop with hands, (and here is the kicker) or genitals"  ha ha ha

I wonder how they actually figured out that they had to include that in there. For legal purposes at the very minimum.

I'm having more fun thinking of how they found out that stopping it with your genitals was a no no. lol.

Hehe I can just picture a couple of rednecks with a chai....you get it.

Sometimes you see something SO specific that you just know it actually happened to someone.

For example if they ever do an MRI of your skull they will Xray it first to make sure there are no metal flecks inside your eyeballs.

Lol.

That's just a gut wrenching thought. I have worked grinding or cutting metal for most of my jobs. Many an itchy eye. I could only imagine what would happen. LOL. Shudder to think. Oww.

Well right just like on www.dumblasw.com one said  it is illegal to molest an ALLIGATOR in Alabama or somewhere

I presume that's supposed to read www.dumblaws.com

yes that is what it is supposed to read sorry DUH

But legal to kill a Scotsman in York with a bow and arrow...and illegal to drive a taxi cab without a bale of hay and a bucket of water (for the horse)

Ah - now there was a lathe worker reported to masturbate with the moving lathe belt during lunch but one day he lost balance and the lathe belt ripped a testicle off him and flung it out the window.  He went out and found it, put it back in his scrotum and used industrial staples to re-seal his scrotum. 

...so I guess I'm trying to say the manufacturer may have had a complaint by a customer who tried to stop it with their genitals so were covering themselves against litigation, in case this was a common method of stopping a chain saw...

...or it was just someone in the documentation dept. who was having a laugh...

I just love the peanut packets that now say "may contain nuts"...well I should effing well hope so!

I hear tell sometimes about warning labels like "do not eat" on urinal cakes.

RSS

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service