So as atheists, I'm curious to hear how everyone feels about mind altering substances and their potential uses and harmful side effects.I'm also curious to hear your stance on the idea of a "drug war".I've just never had an opportunity to grill this demographic about it.I'll tell you now, I'm a major advocate for ending marijuana prohibition.I also (in spite of what at first seems like common sense) believe that opium and cocaine should be legal.I believe the FDA should get involved with the practice of reviewing and approving for use, synthetic recreational drugs.What do you guys think?

Views: 1528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

3500 banned chemicals? ** sweating ** I'm going to have to reconsider my thinking on miracles then. I might want to do it quickly too, while I am still able to.

My mistake. That's what I get for listening to a friend.

the number is actually 1,371 banned chemicals. the FDA has 9.

Finally! I've been following news of these studies for a very long time.

It's about damn time they finally released the results of one of them.

Does this mean that the more I smoke pot, the more I decrease my risk of cancer? Here's hoping...

I think the focus of this study was ingestion of THC, so the more you eat pot brownies...

Happy coma-ing! :-)

I think that if the Federal Government would legalize and tax marijuana sales, that they could end the national deficit.

Cannabis and LSD. These two substances are fantastic in every regard I can think of, save price and legality. I cannot speak for hard narcotics, such as heroin, cocaine, etc... as there are MANY more factual dangers to these. But I can tell you that my life is profoundly more enjoyable, and my interest in science and the cosmos has exploded after the fact.

I use these substances in careful moderation (I'm talking about monthly use at the most frequent), and there is NO reason why I should ever be punished for doing so.

it would make sense if the money that is spent in enforcement and punishment for users was diverted to treatment and education of drugs.  I still think they should go after the manufacturers of harder drugs though.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 5 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 14 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service