"Creationists believe the straightforward interpretation of Scripture—the earth and all living things were supernaturally created in six solar days by the God of the Bible about 6,000 years ago."

I am writing a paper refuting religious claims in a philisophical manner (using science, history, archeology, and anthropology to back my claims). I was looking at a Creation Science website and saw the above quote on this page: http://www.creationsciencetoday.com/01-Creation%20_vs_Evolution.html

After browsing this site, I realized that these people are stunningly wrong, and are making up scientific evidence!
What do you guys think?

Tags: Anthropology, Atheism, Creation, Debate, Design, Evolution, Intelligent, Religion, Science

Views: 883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It makes historical sense in the ways civilizations sprang up, fell apart, and rebuilt.  Though as some one who appreciates literature, it can make for a really great epic story.  I've actually thought about reading through Genesis and creating an epic tale out of what it offers - especially where the details are obscure.

I think that's been done, in a '60's movie with George C. Scott and Ava Gardner, called, "The Bible."

No, I was thinking more along the line with orcs, elves, and dwarves - you know, like Lord of the Rings!  Real fantasy literature.  As for the movie, I've only seen a part of it - too boring.

You mean "The Ten Commandments"? My whole high school student body went to our hometown theater to watch it during school hours.

Also in high school, I took a first date to see it, and finally worked my arm around her, on the seat back, not realizing it was a 3 HOUR movie! I couldn't feel my arm for a week.

Of course that's Exodus, not Genesis....

RE: "it should really come as no surprise that there is a shared history of myths about surviving floods." - I've compiled a brief list of those here: http://in-his-own-image.com/2010/02/14/2-genesis-Chapter-6-part-2-d...

Screw everything I said before!  This explains it all:

I throw up in my mouth every time I see that guy.

I love him.  I watch Ancient Aliens from time to time - particularly when I am at my parents house because the History Channel is the only thing that my dad and I can agree to watch - other than BBC America when reruns of STNG come on.  He is a source of comic relief.

He belongs to the von Daeniken school of "only ask questions; never give answers." And that hair. Obviously an attention whore.

I love to do a comparison of him in early episodes and later episodes.  In the early ones, he is your typical pale-faced-pseudo-science-geek professor, and in the later ones he adds a fake-bake/spray-on tan complexion.  Must be for da ladies...

As for the hair, I am guessing it was once just an expression of being too lazy care once he got out of bed, now I am sure he uses hair-care products to make it that way.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service