Hello everyone. Name's Senko, and I moved from my country Argentina for getting some school here in the U.S. about 11 months ago. I originally found this site after searching for come kind of counseling regarding the so-called "Atheists not welcome in America" thing, because I feel myself pretty lonely in this country and I really don't speak my voice regarding my lack of belief because I fear it might come back and bite me in the tail (as I intend to stay here after graduating).

Anyway, I decided to join up and see if I can get in touch with some other like-minded people.

Cheers.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey well I just want to welcome you to our country and the site.  The state you live in makes a difference.  I hope you moved to a good one.  I would also go to meetup.com and see if there is a local group of atheists you can connect with. 

Nebraska. And I was already told it wasn't a good one. But school's cheap and scholarships are generous, so I'm kind of stuck in here for the time being. Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Yeah, if you live near Lincoln or Omaha you might connect to these groups Atheists in Lincoln and Omaha.  

I live in Omaha, and it's really not bad. I argue with people occasionally, but no violence or harassment or anything. I had lived in a small town, Crete, previously and they were, uh, pretty vocal about how I wasn't welcome once they caught wind of my atheism. You'll probably want to stay away from those if at all possible. 

¡Hola Senko! ¿Cómo andás? Welcome to the US.  So you're in Nebraska, huh?  Well, take a look at the link that John Kelly gave you.  You might make some good connections there, or at least find a way to not feel so lonely because of your non-belief.  Do you know if there are any groups on campus for atheists/freethinkers?  Maybe you could see if your school has one, because you certainly won't be the only one there.

Suerte

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service