How have you become good at debating? Does anyone else have the problem of completely forgetting your points and arguments in the face of a debate? How did you become good at seeing logical fallacies? I seem to be completely blind to them. Is it just practice? How do you practice? With whom do you practice? I'm almost wondering if religious forums might be a good place to remain anonymous and try things out. Good/bad idea?

I'm reading things on here and trying to learn as much as I can from everyone. I am not a confrontational person at ALL, and so when someone argues (and I mean argue. I can have calm, friendly discussions just fine), my mind goes blank and basically says, "Sh*t! Someone's arguing with you! Quick, throw emotions at them! That'll confuse 'em!"

I don't like that that's what happens. I'm wondering if anyone else was once in the same position, and what you did to get away from it.

I put this in "Theist Arguments & You" because I'm mostly concerned about my lack of ability to defend myself against a theist at this point. I'm slowly making it known that I am an atheist, and sooner or later I'm going to be confronted about it.

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no?

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service