You may not have heard about Justin Carter because he's just a kid in San Antonio who apparently made a tasteless joke among friends on Facebook. What he wrote was this:

"I'm f---ed in the head alright. I think I'ma (sic) shoot up a kindergarten and watch the blood of the innocent rain down and eat the beating heart of one of them."

He was arrested, has been in jail for months, and is actually facing 10 years in Federal prison for what may simply have been a stupid wisecrack.

Before international terrorism came along, back when I was a teen, I remember some tasteless jokes we thought were funny. When we told those jokes, it was just among friends and there was no way people outside our circle could even know what was said.

Some of the things we joked about when I was a teen, like dead baby jokes, today might be considered terroristic in today's America. 

Bear in mind, all the authorities have are his words. They found no plans, weapons, or terroristic devices. Have we reached the point where a child can be at risk of possibly doing hard prison time based on words alone?

Read more about his case here. What do YOU think?

Tags: Carter, Justin, teen, terrorism

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone know what they are charging him with? I didn't think you could hold someone for THAT long without charging them with something...

"He faces a charge of making terroristic threats, a felony that could theoretically bring a sentence of up to eight years."

He'll probably end up working for some corporation for three cents an hour while he's in there too. At least, as a male, he's less likely to be systematically raped and assaulted by the staff, but he may have to trade sexual favors for protection. He might score some sweet gang tats.  By the time he gets out he may actually have become a hardened predator...but right now he's probably just an insensitive asshole teenager. DOJ for the win! Good luck getting a job after you get out, kid. Maybe he'll convert to Islam. Better yet, for him, maybe he'll convert to Christianity and get out early on parol. 

Prison rape is one of those subjects that's seldom talked about, and yet there may be just as many rapes of men in prison as there are of women in the everyday world. There may even be more. However, since they are in prison and are presumed guilty of something, we don't care. We forget that we send people to prison AS punishment, not FOR punishment

Oh, and rape of women by other women is common in women's prisons, too.

Men are also raped by women in the real world...they just don't talk about it.

Are you joking?

Nope.

It happens to men too. Rape is not something to joke about.

I hear people say that but I wonder...how? At gunpoint?

I don't believe it ever happened because the man must be erect and if he's erect (meaning he is enjoying it) it wouldn't be rape would it?

There are many ways to rape a woman, some of them non-vaginal, so why not a man? Case in point: anal penetration with a broom handle.

See Source below.

RSS

Forum

FROM THE WORD OF GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 13 minutes ago. 5 Replies

Lobby

Started by Glen L in Small Talk. Last reply by Glen L 1 hour ago. 4 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 hour ago. 12 Replies

Deepak's challenge

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 6 hours ago. 29 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 11 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service