Are there any atheists that are against equal rights for LGBT? If so what are your reasons? I'd be fascinated to find out.

Tags: atheist, equal, gay, gays, homophobe, homophobia, homophobic, rights

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know two people who are atheists and are close to me, who do not believe in gay marriage. One is a close family member, the other is a long-time friend. I don't think it is something on their list of priorities to rail against; however, one of them does vote (and very conservatively, I might add).

I could go into further detail on the matter of why they feel this way but I don't feel like it. I just wanted to be on the record of letting people know, I do know people like this and they are good people - they just don't get it sometimes. Since I have become more involved in thinking about the positive points of atheism, I have begun to challenge these two's views when the opportunity arises.

It can be hard to do that though, when someone is against gay marriage because they think the next think you know, we will be allowing people to marry horses. lol.  

Are there atheists who don't like mayo?
Me. I now hate mayo yet I used to adore it in Christ.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 6 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service