Are some humans the only animal that worship a god or gods?

I've never seen another animal appear to pray, but maybe... LOL

Tags: animals, god, prayer, worship

Views: 721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard a story about a monkey at a temple in India where devotees would leave offerings of food for their gods. This monkey would come into the temple and appear to pray like the humans did, then he'd take the offerings. I think the locals were okay with it, and probably saw him as an avatar of Hanuman.

That's so cute...  I think and I could be wrong...

He knew what it took to get the food... It's what he did for a living more or less... Monkey's.... they are too smart, especially when they throw their feces in the zoo at the crowd....They are saying get the f---k out of here and leave us alone...

Makes me think... why do we put other animals in cages and display them for our amusement?

Are we the worst animal on the face of this planet?

We experiment on them, capture and display them, eat them (I'm guilty as charged) and really believe they are there for us to do as we wish...

I've read we are the smelliest animal.  and I think they look a hell of alot better naked too!

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/atheist/

I had a guy ask me, "Why is the grasshopper an atheist?" XD

LOL... what did you say?
I had to tell him it was a Praying Mantis and it was called irony.  The joys of living in Wyoming. lol

I didn't realize that, because you said grasshopper... the power of suggestion is scary..

That shirt is awesome...:) 

You want a joy... go to an NA meeting... it's similar to being in church...It's helps, but it hurts... ugggg

My nephew started going to AA after getting in a black out drunk car wreck, he says it's not religious.  I said BS!  I can't believe how big the Big Blue Book is I saw it at first and asked if it was a bible. lol

LOL!

I resolved the issue... because I need the social support...

G.O.D.

Get off drugs.. (alcohol is included in that, BTW.. :)  )

My higher power is the group...

It was so hard for me... now it's water off my back...
they say...u'll get it... and I think..I got it... but you never will...

Dispute science and believe in a fairytale... but "I" don't get it.... 

my dog's god is me!!=)

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

Started by Erock68la in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 25 minutes ago. 34 Replies

Youtube vids for atheists

Started by Haugurma in Small Talk 31 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Why do we want to show people they are wrong?

Started by Haugurma in Small Talk. Last reply by Haugurma 36 minutes ago. 50 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Pope Beanie 58 minutes ago. 76 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service