I am from Mexico and moved to America and what I found is that the normal in America is to be stupid. The grand majority are just plain stupid, now I compared it to Mexico (I lived in city and in 'high/educated' people (I put it in ' ' because the reality is that is relative) and the normal was to be stupid too, now don't get me started in the 'poor' areas). So, my question is: Are people stupid in general or culture, nationality, social class, play a bigger role? If so, why are there more stupid than intelligent?

*Note: When I refer to stupid or intelligent I am refering to the kind that Socrates meant, that the wise men were the ones who accepted ignorance and worked on it, the stupid were the ones who didn't care or thought they were intelligent.

** I don't feel intelligent or superior, but I try to be reasonable always.

Views: 1414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pissing off an idiot can be costly, too. Just ask Iraq.

*Note: When I refer to stupid or intelligent I am refering to the kind that Socrates meant, that the wise men were the ones who accepted ignorance and worked on it, the stupid were the ones who didn't care or thought they were intelligent.

Not all Americans are alike.

I know that not all Americans, not all humans. I know that there are amazing people, my personal hero is actually Lincoln, but my claim was that why is it that the majority is like that?
I am just curious - may I ask what state you live in?

I realize, Belle, you're addressing Elon, but if you ever ask me that, I can give you the answer in advance - confusion.

Give the kid a break Arch. He's just being honest and saying things the way he sees it. Have you seen he's a pretty young member of TA? He's just learning along with all of us. There are parts of the US where people are just down right stupid. That's one reason I was curious where he lives. I think location is everything personally.

I think you might have missed his joke, Belle.  Arch was addressing you, and joking that he, Arch, was in a state of confusion :)

Much of my humor, Bella - except that directed at Unseen - is self-deprecating, as Strega noted - lighten up?

Oh well, ha! jokes on me then ;)

Or, ja, ja, as it were --

I always had to wonder what that makes the mind that discusses all of them...

I lived in Alabama 6 months and I have been living around a year in Texas. I know that education just isn't the best in here, that is why I asked if people in general were stupid? I don't know how is it in other places.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service