To be clear, I mean in rational terms. I don't want to compare them in terms of the harm theistic religions may have done throughout history or anything like that.  By Pagan I mean Wicca, Gaiaism, animistic religions (the tree spirit, the river spirit, the sky spirit), spirit guided-religions (e.g., a Native American tribe guided by a wolf spirit), etc.

Tags: Gaiaism, Paganism, Wicca

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably one of the easiest chicks to get into bed without having to pay for it is one of these New Age airheads.

Strega, are you saying the christian god need to get laid? You RocK!  But I am still sorta  mad at your country. You sent your puritans across the pond. You want them back?

Yes I am!

Sorry about those puritans. Who knew!

But I am still sorta  mad at your country. You sent your puritans across the pond.

Hey they loved religious freedom.

So much they kept it all for themselves.

I love the word pagan.  I am not one but I do appreciate the connection with nature and the inclusion of appreciation of feminine energy.  

I don't know if the beliefs are better in rational terms, but I think they come closer to grasping the concept that all life has energy and the Earth is dynamic.

I get so much joy from nature. My feeders are pulling 10lbs of seeds a week. These guys were foraging under the feeder together.

Painted Buntings; they show-up here in Florida each winter through spring.

Those are gorgeous birds. What part of the country do you live in? All I can get is English sparrows, pigeons, and the occasional starlings, none of which are, I believe, birds native to North America. Of course, I live in an urban apartment in Northern Ohio on Lake Erie. I'm just lucky I don't have to deal with seagulls, who would gladly kill and eat the birds I attract.

Beautiful.

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 1 hour ago. 56 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 41 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 6 hours ago. 12 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 20 hours ago. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service