An absolute negation needs the proof of the positive to be certain? 

Absolute negation: "You will never be anything but a drunk."

To be certain, requiring no faith, the positive, observing the rest of the life, have had to been witnessed. Yet, how could it have? It has yet to exist in the circumstance.

The same can be said about Atheism?

Are Atheist Certain?

Tags: Certain, Dillusion, Faith, Hope, Reason

Views: 900

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once again I point out that "certainty" is an ambiguous word. It can mean a state of certainty, in which one's belief is factually correct, or it can mean a state of mind we might describe as "feeling certain," which is a whole lot different from being certain. One should be clear at all times to which meaning one is referring or you might as well not argue at all.

Being Atheist isn't certainty, its simply a position that doesn't believe the claims presented by theists. Its as simple as that, that try and extend the meaning Atheism to me certainty that there is no god or gods doesn't make sense. Unless you are talking about the types of atheist's when Richard Dawkins uses his scale of 1-7 I think.

RSS

Forum

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 40 seconds ago. 1 Reply

Police accountability and Michael Brown

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Society. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas 47 minutes ago. 173 Replies

Penises vs eyeballs & teeth

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Davis Goodman 3 hours ago. 37 Replies

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service