Are atheists a part of the collective consciousness?

I believe our awareness and connection to all things,makes us a part of something greater than ourselves ,conscious.

Views: 841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You asked for it !!!

Oh Neptune!  see a few of us are dab hands at fish puns!

All I can say is...

They just dont make music like that anymore.

Wonder how long you waited for a chance to use that???

I know this sounds fishy, but it all makes scents now!

LOL! Lmfao to all y'all.

Ya con los pescaditos, me dan escalofrios!...

So many species endure(d) for millions if not tens or hundreds of millions of years. I'd put my money on the planetary parasitic H. Sapiens going down hard, as a short lived evolutionary dead end along with our gods and "collective conscience".

+1

The main thing we humans seem to do well is to f**k sh*t up.

connection to all things

Can you define this? Do you mean we are connected because we exist in the same universe? Why would that be a meaningful connection?

makes us a part of something greater than ourselves

Sounds suspiciously like woo

+1

Sounds like pure New Agey bullwoo. 

Everyone/everything is connected is trivially true, like saying everyone is in a relationship with every other person, that relation being something like "north of," "taller than," "older than," etc.

connection to all things

Can you define this? Do you mean we are connected because we exist in the same universe? Why would that be a meaningful connection?

Not only do we exist in the same universe, but on the same website. You and I are connected, along with other readers and writers. At the purely mechanical level, this may seem trivial. But at levels greater than ourselves, we are pervading the internet and subscribing more and more members here at TA.

There's even a chance that what Simon is writing will change people currently afflicted with religious delusions. Genghis Khan, Benjamin Franklin, Robin Williams changed our connected world, without woo.

Imagine if you will, you and I were once cave dwellers, and but now we are sharing thoughts around the world, via electricity. It's not woo, but it takes intelligence and foresight to make these things possible. I can't blame people with cave-dwelling-genetics-for-brains for inventing explanations for things they couldn't possibly understand, unless (say) they've been educated properly that the woo is a delusion.

Mocking people and idealisms works, but that's not the only effective way to reach them all.

(Hmmm, bullwoo. I like that word, Unseen.)

I am atheist, and I wouldn't be here if the world didn't need us.

YMMV. (Okay, may I jump up and down on the sofa now?)

RSS

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service