Anyone listen to music that expresses their views on religion?

I've been listening to some music that expresses some of the atheistic views that I have, and I was wondering if anyone else would like to share any songs or artists that they like?

A couple of my personal favorites are R Way by Rebelution and Best God in Show by NOFX.

Tags: music

Views: 977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Music is my religion so yes all the time, 30 seconds is an amazing band but there are so many other great bands, Green Day, Rush, Tool, Godsmack, Mudvayne, then if you really want anti religious you've got black metal foreign and domestic as well as death metal. Lots of non religious music options out there everyone, so go out and find it and enjoy it.

So many new leads to explore !!! I recall when I first heard REM's "losing my religion". It was immediately explained to me that that is an old southern expression, for when you lose your temper....Now I am not so sure.

Being more of a "Classical" piano music lover, I find myself about as tolerant of Metal as I am of Religion itself.

I can't stand listening to anything that I perceive to be just plain angry, or mostly just an annoying noise to my ears.

I have listened to an artist for many, many years since being introduced to his music during my time in London,UK. Self proclaimed "Despises ALL Forms Of Religion". His music is of a "folk" genre and he has done a lifetime of work,  also with some of the big names in music like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin etc. His name is Roy Harper. What a guitarist and what a songwriter. For anyone interested in giving it a listen, here's his wiki..LINK.

I have several songs of his I'd like to recommend...

"Black Cloud Of Islam", "If", "Hangman", "Hallucinating Light", "Waiting For Godot", "How Does It Feel?", I could go on because I love his music. His son is pretty brilliant too. That'd be "Nick Harper". Check him out too. It's good stuff.

Happy Holidays to ALL....

"Deemed evil by those housed in church steeples.
False prophets read backwards from broken tablets to the feeble..."

dälek - Distorted Prose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgM9T4mFbQ

Dälek - Spiritual Healing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obSq2L9lLEE

wow, I'll remember that for my next late night party. thx

I would love to come to that party. 

I know NIN has already been said but I think everyone needs to acknowledge this song as a boss for this discussion.  

"Your god is dead and no one cares
If there is a hell I'll see you there"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6TdmFfig...!

..bow down before the one you serve...

I consider "head like a hole" to be neck and neck with "Mozart's requiem" to be my two most perfect sonic experiences ever.

I've always liked "The Devil wants to (****) me in the back of his car," though it has nothing to do with supporting anything I believe.

If you're into punk:

• Anti-Flag
  • No-Cash
  • Left-Over Crack
  • Sum 41

No such music exists..to my knowledge.

Don't know if anybody's said this yet, but I'll Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie is a great atheist song.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 17 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service