Apparently some christians believe it marks the beginning of the "Rapture."  What will you be doing May 22?

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, ODALIS!  I guess we'll KNOW FOR SURE in just a couple of days !

(this waiting is KILLING me!:^)

Just found this interesting:  From David Silverman, President of American Atheists.

?iref=obnetwork

Thanks for that link. So... it is going to last five months?  I got the answer I needed. I realize that I got up early today for nothing.
If anyone is still concerned about what might happen on May 21st, here's a handy flowchart:
I would be surprised if they thought of it as anything but litter, if they notice it at all.
ARE YOU READY TO RAPTURE !?

Just wondering if you know if this apocalypse thing is supposed to happen during the course of the 21st or at midnight? People just seem to still be here... including the devout and annoying neighbor I had hoped to be free of... and I thought I misunderstood something. No one seems to be in the know even here in the Bible Belt.

Please send word that you are still here too. It would be wretched without you lot.

Apparently, 6PM your-local-time, is the witching hour.  It actually began in New Zealand, 6PM local-time, and continues across the globe; like a bastardized New Year's Celebration with REAL death and destruction!  Mind you, NOBODY has ascended, so far as we can tell.....So, TIME TO PARTY !     
Resurrection day, I expect to be one of the first ones up.

May 21, 2011 -  typical wet east coast Canadian spring day.  Rained to the point that I couldn't walk the dog (boo!) or do yard work (yay!!)  Watched the qualifying rounds of the Spanish Grand Prix Formula 1 race, and puttered in the workshop...

What's that?  Rapture?

Nope, not a twinge.  Either it didn't happen, or there isn't/wasn't a Xtian within 20 kilometers of my house.  'Cause no-one left unexpectedly.

Guess I'll just have to go back to my regular ol' life,  complete with loving wife, terrific daughters, dumb-as-a-post warrior husky, challenging career, satisfying hobbies, (you get the picture).

And everybody?  Have a nice, deity-free day.

A sunny, Spring day here in California without a chance of snarling, Old Testament Gods or rising Christians!  Looks like the RAPTURE, RUPTURED!

And to Reg the Fronky Uncle;

Thanks for the link to that Blondie video.  Excellent soundtrack while drivel-reading.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

The need for knife control

Started by Jesus Christ in Society. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 7 minutes ago. 71 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service