Apparently some christians believe it marks the beginning of the "Rapture."  What will you be doing May 22?

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to by my boyfriend's Catholic father's house and pick up his dogs, then head over to my Presbyterian mother's house to live.  She just has way better digs than I do and then there are her bank accounts. . .Sorry Mom.
That's very sensible of you!
For some reason I thought it was this month...  I should pay more attention to something so gosh darn important.  Hm.  I don't think I have plans.  I will be studying for my nursing licensure exam, probably.  That's my goal for the latter part of May in general.
Wasn't Rapture a Blondie song in 1980?? Don't know about you, rapture sounds like something positive. Like the rest of the religious nonsense, thay don't know the real meaning of words. Like they tell us that christianity is "good news". Only for idiots.
I have tickets to a Doug Stanhope show on the 21st, and that seems like a pretty nice intro to the apocalypse.
Opinion on May 21, 2011? Sure, it comes just before May 22, 2011. I will be 51 this year ... in August.
It's also a Saturday. And I'll likely be at an airport.
Airport!  Bummer.  If you are in the air, maybe you will be closer to heaven, otherwise it will be a quick descent back to good old earth.  Unless, of course, your pilot is one of us.
I can't wait to be rid of all those troublemakers!
playing golf ;)
I live in south florida and I've never heard of this, I also haven't heard anyone speak of it.

they dont even realize how many people have been wrong....days like the 21st have been going by for centuries...they will never question it and they will just keep picking more days that the rapture is supposed to fall on. NOWHERE in the bible does it even tell  you when it's going to happen. it's all about the same kind of hype that made them fall for the idea of repenting for their sins in the first place.

...to answer you're question, ill probably be at work all day.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 hour ago. 22 Replies

Blog Posts

Seeing the man in the child.

Posted by Diane on April 19, 2014 at 9:52am 1 Comment

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.