Apparently some christians believe it marks the beginning of the "Rapture."  What will you be doing May 22?

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well thank yous for taking the time to correct my spelling. Very much agreed we must all get along (: !
Imma go down the road finding my new BMW with the keys in the ignition. Left behind beee-ach.
We are having a "No-Show" party on May 22nd.
I will waste some of my time listening to the excuses of those who will explain why that nothing unusual happened on May 21. In my lifetime the world has ended some dozen times. Typical excuses are "god changed his mind and is giving us another chance", "The world did end, but god had a change of heart and restored everything. He did it so fast that noone noticed", "We got the date wrong, it is 3011 not 2011", etc etc.
on May 22 i will be waiting for May 24 for the day my saviour was born ( me ) : ) .. yea i like my birthday... and i did save myself, from a life of believing crazy shit..
Ironically draw Muhammad day is the day before. Anyways I think it's just utter nonsense. Even if it weren't, I hardly think it will be that bad. Were a technologically advanced race. I'm sure we could take care of ourselves.
Most likely the same as everyone else, wake up, school, work.... maybe someone should throw a party?
I agree. It is too auspicious an occasion to simply let pass by. There is great potential here... imagine finally being left to our own devices!
I had no idea... I am glad you told me. It would have somewhat freaked me out to notice that everyone had suddenly disappeared. Well... I grew up in New Orleans where we had these things called "hurricane parties" the object of which was to celebrate life in the face of imminent death. Of course Katrina put rather a damper on that philosophy but I say: Laissez les bon temps rouler! The worst that can happen is to wake up on the 22nd and find the Bible Belt still heavily populated.
Wonderful answer, Anne!

Somewhere I read, "If the Bible is the perfect word of God, then why don't any two people agree with what it means."

The "Rapture" is not just a single event. There are several interpretations of the sequence of events. (http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Post_Tribulation_Rapture)  Supposedly, there is going to be a seven year period called "The Tribulatuion" when God will "remove his spirit" from the earth and wickedness will run rampant.

Some Christians believe that they will go to heaven before the tribulation, some believe during the tribulation and some believe after the tribulation. It's the people in the last group who arm arming themselves and preparing for war with the unbelievers.

Is it an american thing? i thought it was a religious thing...

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 43 minutes ago. 6 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Pope Beanie 2 hours ago. 8 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 2 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service