Apparently some christians believe it marks the beginning of the "Rapture."  What will you be doing May 22?

Views: 695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You must do it!
I'll be planning a trip to go see my son and his girlfriend. I would love to send letters and e-mails to all my godlodyte friends and put a big......HA,HA,HA, at the end and suggest they join "Think Atheist".
I'll be getting wasted. Seems fitting.
Well this doesn't give me much time. White male looking for asian woman in 20s
Too funny!
All this has happened before and it will all happen again.
On May 22, I will hopefully either have met or will be meeting the boy I like.
i have those days off, so party my friend

Having a party with a big banner that says "Today's news: Jebus didn't come back! Halleluyah!"

Florida Atheists and Secular Humanists is having a rapture party on May 21st.

We'll be at the Tiki Bar at the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel (Lauderdale by the Sea Florida)

A recommended donation of $5 will include a free "kool aid" (rum punch) and 50% of all proceeds will be donated to the Dawkins Foundation's "Non-believers giving aid".

I think it will rain May 21st (note: this will be true somewhere).

May 22nd I'll probably be working and/or rehearsing my new stage show.

Let's get the facts straight. The premise is that 5x5x10x10x17x17 (three "holy" numbers) is equal to 722,500--the apparent number of days ago (by May 21) that Jesus was crucified.
This preacher also issued the same type of false claim several years ago, as posted in a picture form by Red The Fronkey Hunter on this post. He claims it was wrong because [paraphrase] "we didn't have time to verify our data, but this time we are certain and have had much time to verify our formula".

I don't think the formula is very hard. Did they have a think-tank of fourth graders crunching these numbers the first time around? And how do you even get off with the idea that a couple of holy numbers will unlock the end of times as discussed in the book of Revelations to be like "a thief in the night"? Did God really think that squaring three numbers and subsequently multiplying them (I know, I know, commutative law of multiplication doesn't infer actual sequential multiplying) would be that mysterious and stealthy?

My last point (although I could probably come up with many more very easily) is that Christians don't know how to count. They had to hire Copernicus to finally assume heliocentricity so they could get their calendars right since they were missing a couple days out of the year thinking they were the center of the universe and ultimately alienating members of the church. They can't even keep their supposed blood line lineages straight in Chronicles with all the cross over and confusion there, so this is just all laughable.

I regret to inform the Think Atheist community, however, that several welfare recipients have quit their jobs of being Arkansas hillbillies so that they can spread good old Harold Camping's word and recent discovery to the masses. It is almost negligent of me to forget to remind you all that his first botched doomsday prediction has only led to more solemn persistence of praise by his followers:

"Alright guys, this time, we are super serious"

super super cereal

*don't forget to put your money in the collection tray. God is taking only the highest bidders for his low capacity resort of infinite character"

RSS

© 2021   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service