my daughter is going to kindergarten in ohio. she is an open-enrollment student at a nearby school district.(it is a public school). after screening and stuff, she received an acceptance letter from the school 2 days ago. the weird part of the letter was the way superintendent ended the letter.
"Thank you and God Bless"
don't know how i feel about the school now. my wife says we should let it pass and pick our fights as it is just what they do around here and he probably never even thought twice about it, but my problem is now escalating because the superintendent's wife is one of the three kindergarten teachers and i heard from other parents that she sometimes does another prayer after the pledge of allegiance in her class.
1) Should i call the superintendent now and talk to him about this situation or should i wait till we go for the registration in august?
2) Should we be straight forward and let his wife now if we get her as my daughter's teacher?
i heard the other 2 teachers are not like that.
3) Is it okay to ask for another teacher if we do get her?
4) Will that cause complications for my daughter in the school?
5) or Am i just thinking way too much into this?
just to be fair my daughter's pre-school teacher at the same school was very accommodating to our views. she had a little prayer thing which they did before snacks but she changed it when we told her politely about how we felt and that we did not believe in god.
any suggestions in dealing with this will be very helpful.