Come out of your closet and take your licks. How can you back an explicitly pro-religion party that thinks women are second-class citizens, chattels of their husbands and The State, and who favors widening the gap between the rich and non-rich even more?

Views: 3292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's the Republican line, pure and simple. The main things you left out were a hard line on immigration and keeping women barefoot and in the kitchen pumping out babies.

keeping women barefoot and in the kitchen pumping out babies. that's a stupid comment pure and simple.

I think with a large segment of the GOP pursuing the 'Personhood amendment" and the current direction of the party, that comment is not to far off base. I think the Duggars and their 19 children are their dream family.

When you look up "stupid comments" in the dictionary, "that's a stupid comment pure and simple" is one of the examples.

<removed by moderator as a violation of forum policy: no personal attacks>

*an idiot

And how is he wrong? They are blatant misogynists.

Balancing the budget/removing the debt is actually a Republican concept? This is news to me. I thought being financially solvent was apolitical...... stooopid me.

Judging by this photo, I'm with Rachel Maddow...

You don't have to go all the way back to Lincoln to find Republican Presidents to praise. It was President Eisenhower who supported racial integration of schools with troops and warned us about the dangers of the military-industrial complex.

Today's Republicans are a far cry from Lincoln and Eisenhower.

One can only imagine what Eisenhower would say about today's Republicans, or even if he could stomach belonging.

Here are a few Eisenhower quotes that tell me he wouldn't want to belong to the current republican party:

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

FANFUCKINTASTIC!

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service