Come out of your closet and take your licks. How can you back an explicitly pro-religion party that thinks women are second-class citizens, chattels of their husbands and The State, and who favors widening the gap between the rich and non-rich even more?

Views: 3373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Grand*

Democrats &/or religion. "Just have Faith, don't question just believe."

From an outsider looking in - it does seem that way to me also.

Lol - well put Alejandro

Unseen, you are just pissed because you might have to go back to work and not scam the system with back injury issues and stay on this site 24/7. 

Heather, the same reasoning  that lets you believe global warming is not real. 

What specifically are you saying? That I don't work? (I am retired, but I take care of my 91 year old father, which leaves me plenty of time to be on the computer.) That I scam the system with a back injury? That is simply untrue.

Keep up these sorts of slanderous allegations and you might be hearing from the administrators.

you cant be serious sukhdeep..

Excuse me, Sukhdeep, but when have I ever said that I didn't believe in climate change?

Heather, he just makes things up. And when he's not making things up up, he's slandering.

I'm still a registered Republican although I can not bring myself to vote Republican anymore.  I really don't identify with much in the party anymore.  I voted republican 10+ years ago before my de-conversion started.  I have not changed my party affiliation but I plan to go independent when I get a chance.  I still hold on to my fiscally conservative views and favor smaller government and a shift in responsibility closer to individuals and expanding out: individual -> family -> community -> town -> city -> state -> and country.

I'm liberal on almost every other topic now.  Thanks Atheism! :-)

@Unseen

Balancing the budget/removing the debt is actually a Republican concept? This is news to me. I thought being financially solvent was apolitical...... stooopid me.

I think after the events of the past couple weeks, with many Republicans backing off Romney's recent behavior (the Libya situation) and views (the 47% of America are deadbeats who don't pay taxes statement to donors), we need to ask, for starters, how about Romney. How can anyone, atheist or not, vote for the guy?Let's discuss the Romney revealed in the last couple weeks what with the Libya situation and his response and his "47%" comments to a room full of millionaires and billionaires.

I'm finding Romney to be the poster boy for being detached to the right of reality - and yes, I admit there are those detached to the left of reality.  Anyway, Romney makes one speech in which he claims that middle class families bring in roughly a quarter million a year, then says 47% are system dependent and pay no tax.

For the sake of argument, let's pretend that he means their net contribution to taxes after social benefits is zero.  Anyway, he seems to view the world in primary colours.  You are either a complete deadbeat, living in a comfortable middle class, or a wealthy aristocrat.  He apparently has no clue about the working poor, the struggling small business owners, the hard working contributors recently laid-off (many by Bain), or the deadbeat millionaires who inherit and then spend their time making fodder for the tabloids.

No TRUE atheist is a republican, haha.

RSS

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service