Come out of your closet and take your licks. How can you back an explicitly pro-religion party that thinks women are second-class citizens, chattels of their husbands and The State, and who favors widening the gap between the rich and non-rich even more?

Views: 3246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "I agree." - that's once in a row --

Oh, it's not that bad.

And again, he disagrees --#-o d'oh!

@Alejandro M:  Sorry, but you are just wrong on the facts.  The republicans say they are pro-religious freedom, but that's just not true.  They are the party of theocracy.  Their idea of religious freedom is that people should be free to be whatever flavor of christian they wish.  Likewise with their ideas about freedom of speech.  I know these things from long, bitter experience living here in the U.S. and interacting with republicans and observing what they do once in power.

Sadly, I expect that the GOP might once have been the 'Great Old Party', but they offer every indication of having made a Faustian bargain with the religious right, at least since the early 1980's. Harken back to the good old days before the Moral Majority, and the Lahay series of books that include 'The Battle for the Family', and 'The Battle for the Mind'. What ever 'party' is left has been cooped by extremists, that seem only interesting in 'reducing' the 'American Dream' to a shadow of its former self.

Grand*

Democrats &/or religion. "Just have Faith, don't question just believe."

From an outsider looking in - it does seem that way to me also.

Lol - well put Alejandro

Unseen, you are just pissed because you might have to go back to work and not scam the system with back injury issues and stay on this site 24/7. 

Heather, the same reasoning  that lets you believe global warming is not real. 

What specifically are you saying? That I don't work? (I am retired, but I take care of my 91 year old father, which leaves me plenty of time to be on the computer.) That I scam the system with a back injury? That is simply untrue.

Keep up these sorts of slanderous allegations and you might be hearing from the administrators.

you cant be serious sukhdeep..

Excuse me, Sukhdeep, but when have I ever said that I didn't believe in climate change?

Heather, he just makes things up. And when he's not making things up up, he's slandering.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Forum

Christian to Atheist. My Testimony.

Started by Toby Briggs in Welcome to Think Atheist. Last reply by captain kingsway 15 minutes ago. 1 Reply

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service