Come out of your closet and take your licks. How can you back an explicitly pro-religion party that thinks women are second-class citizens, chattels of their husbands and The State, and who favors widening the gap between the rich and non-rich even more?

Views: 3356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would assume that—were Latin a living language—the regular plural of "virus" would be "viri" not "virii." I cite octopus/octopi (not octopii). Some people pluralize "octopus" as "octopodes." Any Latin experts here?

Oddly enough, it should be octopodes (though I believe octopuses is more commonly accepted).  Damn Greeks gettin' all up in our plurals. I do like their food though, so I'm gonna let it slide.

I like pi, but cutting it into eight pieces makes for very small servings --

Out of curiosity, how is the double-i pronounced? Is each "i" pronounced discretely or is the combination a diphthong?

As a long "e" in English.

Your obedient serpent --

Well I'm registered as an independent and have never actually voted for a republican candidate or a democratic candidate, have always voted 3rd party (libertarian) for local and federal. I plan on voting Gary Johnson this november because I believe he is the best candidate. If there was a Republican or a Democratic candidate that actually followed through with the fiscal mindset of what republicans claim to be I would vote for them. This whole two party system is hurting our nation causing us to focus on issues like "legitimate rape" instead of focusing on what both the Republicans and Democrats are doing...spending spending spending and spending. There is very few differences between the two parties at a core level.

I find it ironic you mentioned that remark by that idiot given who I'm working for as a volunteer at the moment. Actually his stupidity is one of the reasons I'm doing it. :)

Here is a link to the Irish President during his election campaign. He is addressing the US republican radio talk show host Michael Graham who is a regular voice on an Irish radio station too. It seems to have gone viral in the last few days.

Great link!

I've struggled with this issue a lot. I finally realized and accepted my atheism a little over a year ago. Living in Texas, that was bad enough. How people say the word "atheism" with such disgust hurts and they do the same thing to democrats or liberals. For awhile I didn't want to have another ugly word attached to me so I said I was republican. Now, after really looking into the party, that's not me. Now I'm trying to wear my labels proudly, and hopefully get people to stop using those words with such a negative connotation.

So, if they say they're an atheist republican, it maybe because they don't want another "nasty" label connected with them and they haven't done their research into what the party views are.

If you'll notice, Leslie Ann, all of the Southern states (including Texas) that were once staunchly Democratic, are now equally staunchly Republican - those same states are the ones who opposed the passage of Civil Rights bills that created racial equality in this country. That's not an accident nor a coincidence..

RSS

Forum

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Noel 7 minutes ago. 29 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Noel 16 minutes ago. 9 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 5 hours ago. 64 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 12 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service