My Christian grandmither sent me this link claiming that she was shocked that I actually did all of these things. Take a look:

http://www.tencommandments.org/heathens.html

Tags: anti, atheist, idiot, propaganda

Views: 1418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@arch

You have to be very careful if you come to Australia - it could kill you.

Click to enlarge.

I think I'd take my chances with the "man-eating koalas" --

Not surprised.  An anti-theist friend of mine lives in Tasmania, and every time I talk with him about what's going on his his neck of the woods he is always howling about the fundies down his way.  We have good conversations.

I'm sharing this from Onyango Makagutu's site, Random Thoughts. It was written by the late film critic, Roger Ebert, who recently died of cancer. It's far too long (though not TOO long) to reprint here, hence the link - worth a read:

I do not fear death

by
Roger Ebert

Speaking of anti-atheist propaganda - not to take away from your situation, Arick - but there is a theist website, pointed out to me by Onyango, on which the speaker, "Debilis," maintains that we can never have empirical evidence of god, as there can be no empirical evidence for the metaphysical, and his god is that, metaphysical.

Thank God for the New Atheists

I'd love to see some of the better debators here, go over and take him on.

Here's an example of his rhetoric:

The first thing I’d say to this is that none of the definitions referenced specified empirical evidence. So, one’s experience of free will (for instance) would be evidence for free will, under this definition.

By extension, that would also be evidence that there is more to reality that the physical.

Similarly, things such as moral experience, rational thought, and the origin and fine tuning of the universe would be evidence of the same idea.

Unseen, you might want to weigh in on the free will issue, I know that, besides arrogance, that's your forte --

HAHAHA!!! "Facts"...

I fear death - who doesnt?

I want to stay here.

I don't fear death, I just want to stick around for a few hundred more years and see how it all turns out. A hundred or fewer years really isn't enough to do everything, considering it takes most people the first fifty or so, just to pull their heads out of their asses and get over themselves, and some never do.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 17 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service