Young Earth Creationists (YEC) have a hypothesis that the earth is about 6000 years old; some concede that it might be up-to 10,000 years old. Funny then all the things that happened before the earth was created.

We all know their hypothesis doesn't hold up to real scrutiny; but just for good measure here's more proof their hypothesis is wrong:

Middle East Oldest Village Found In Iran
Posted Monday, 25 May 2009 - No author listed.

Iranian and English archeologists have discovered the Middle East's oldest village which dates back to at least 9800 BC in western Iran, Press TV reported.

The unique archeological discovery reveals Iran was the main Neolithic center of the Middle East.

"The historical site dates back to 9800 BC and evidence suggest inhabitance in the site continued until 7400 BC," said Hassan Fazeli, the director of Iran's Archeology Research Center.

Archeologists believe such findings prove that Iran's dwellers moved out of caves around 11,800 years ago and settled in plains.

Such discoveries strengthen the theory that with Iran being the main Neolithic center of the Middle East, the region was not only the center of agriculture.

"Cultural officials plan to introduce the oldest human dwelling to the UNESCO," Fazeli said adding "Opening the historical site for public viewing is a step to initiate the plan."

Tags: Middle-East, archeologists, archeology

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This isn't a blow to anything, because whatever method the scientists use to determine how old the remains of this village is, are obviously not correct! Show me proof! Take me back in time to 9800 BC and show me the village being there, only then will I believe your scientific mumbo jumbo "tests" of how old things are!
LOL! Getting into character a bit too much?
Now Danielle, you know that if we invented time travel, they'd just claim that it was Satan trying to trick us.
LOL! so true...

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service