Anne Rice quits Christianity - announces it on her FB page!

Author Anne Rice today courageously announced this on her Facebook Fan Page: 

"For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being "Christian" or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to "belong" to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else."

She followed up by stating: 

"As I said below, I quit being a Christian. I'm out. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen."

Very interesting, don't you agree?

Tags: Anne, Rice

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Definitive Edition (to the best of my memory) incorporates everything from the previous editions.

Also, The Annotated Wizard of Oz was done by an Annotated Alice fan who approached Gardner, who endorsed it and (maybe?) wrote the introduction.

(On Amazon just now, it looks like there's a whole series of "The Annotated Books". There goes my disposable income for a while!)
Me too!
Yikes, I can't afford to like another series right now, lol! Hmm...is it too early to try for early Christmas presents from my family? ;)
And such a dear one, too! $30/book!

(Just argue that we might as well pick an arbitrary birthday for "That Jesus Guy"?) :-)
Hey, if Jesus really loved me, then he wouldn't mind that I celebrated his birthday in late July!
If Jesus is everywhere, then why can't his birthday be everyday?
HOLY SHIT IT'S CHRISTMAS RIGHT NOW!!

BRB demanding presents from family and friends!
Fuck presents. Buy stock in Hallmark!
Well, I have considered embarking upon a career in greeting card composition to fund my final two years as an undergrad. With the newly realized eternity of Christmastime, I should be able to escape this abyss of student loans in no time!
Are you serious about the greeting card thing, @Shine?
Lol, yeah, Josh... I hit upon the idea after Googling "how to make money writing" and seeing "greeting cards" pop up numerous times.

Then I tried to actually compose a few Hallmark sentiments and was shocked at degree of my failure. Needless to say, that plan has been scrapped.

Actually, I should dig out my attempts at greeting card composition and post them; they are worth a few laughs, at least. :)
Good for her. At least she stopped participating in most of the bad things The Church does...

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service